Was digging but now not??

That's handy to know.
We've not had any more xrays since she was full of eggs. She's laid those but I'm wondering if she's used left over sperm to create a second batch? She's showing all signs of being receptive again but I'm not mating her. Her poor lil body has been through so much in the last couple months.
My bad, mixed up with another thread. Retained sperm was another thing I was thinking about.

By her age, you should feed this amount 3 times a week instead of daily. This huge amount of food intake will also stimulate egg production. Same as a basking spot hotter then 78-80.
I thought that was from 1year old? She's only just approaching that but was gravid from june-sept, so has been having as much as she's wanted until now.

As far as I know, it’s from 6 months old, before they start for the first time to get receptive.
Oh dear. I've definitely got that wrong then. I was absolutely told they are classed as juvenile until 12 months old and can eat freely until then. Pants!

Screenshot_20231022_211026_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20231022_211343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Check, I do understand where the confusion came from. The last part of the writing is also important and I think that was already the case with your girl, therefore you can cut her back on the food.

Good luck again with het digging 🤞🏻

Hi all! So little update for you. Looks like she did the retained sperm thing, she's just spent the weekend laying another 29 eggs! Theyre perfect and shes looking really good. Eating and drinking loads and I'm making sure to load everything she eats with extra calcium. Looks like she likes her new viv and lay bin, and can now lay without the issues we had last time! Hopefully she'll have a few months off now bless her 🥰
20231120_143439.jpg

Hi all! So little update for you. Looks like she did the retained sperm thing, she's just spent the weekend laying another 29 eggs! Theyre perfect and shes looking really good. Eating and drinking loads and I'm making sure to load everything she eats with extra calcium. Looks like she likes her new viv and lay bin, and can now lay without the issues we had last time! Hopefully she'll have a few months off now bless her 🥰View attachment 346788
Congrats 👌🏻🥳 Happy to hear she’s doing good

Hello! Been a while since I posted. Hope everyone's OK?
Little update for u, this little beauty is the last egg fro the 1st batch. Its huge now! Defo live and I'm so excited. So couple of questions, how long do they take to hatch from being laid? And are there any do's/don'ts to care for a hatchling? :)
20240410_194050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom