Was digging but now not??

Such a special case. Unfortunately I don’t have any more tips. Just let her do her thing, more you can’t do.
Special indeed! We hav had egg no12 dropped at some point this afty but not in the hole she dug back out. It was just on the floor of the viv. She's drinking loads now. Honestly this girl is so confusing!

Look who's popped up to say hello!
Just want to thank you all so much for your support and advice. This forum is full of amazing people and I'm grateful I found you!
Angel has been egg free now for 10 days and is slowly recovering. Most of the eggs have shrivelled up but that's OK. She is the important one here 💖

Attachments

• 20231003_131715.jpg
    20231003_131715.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 37
Look who's popped up to say hello!
Just want to thank you all so much for your support and advice. This forum is full of amazing people and I'm grateful I found you!
Angel has been egg free now for 10 days and is slowly recovering. Most of the eggs have shrivelled up but that's OK. She is the important one here 💖
So happy for you and her ❤️❤️❤️

Hello! So kinda feeling like groundhog day over here! Angel has recovered so well from her egg issues that, just shy of a month later, she's wanting out of her viv and showing her pinks again. The only time she's behaved like this before is when she wanted to be mated. Surely that can't be right already?! 😳 How long is supposed to be between egg cycles and how often should we mate her for her to stay healthy? I don't want her having any more issues! Could she still be carrying eggs? Here's a pic of her that I've literally just taken 20231019_121224.jpg

Hello! So kinda feeling like groundhog day over here! Angel has recovered so well from her egg issues that, just shy of a month later, she's wanting out of her viv and showing her pinks again. The only time she's behaved like this before is when she wanted to be mated. Surely that can't be right already?! 😳 How long is supposed to be between egg cycles and how often should we mate her for her to stay healthy? I don't want her having any more issues! Could she still be carrying eggs? Here's a pic of her that I've literally just takenView attachment 345182
@MissSkittles do you know?

In general it’s a 120 days cyclus from laying till laying. Meaning after 2+ months she should be receptive again. My girl (veiled) showed me this time also after 2 months receptive behavior and I expect her to lay again within 3 weeks 😔😥 (poor thing). Some girls keep their receptive colors in between and those colors will only get more prominent during their receptive phase.

You made x-rays and she was clean. I won’t be afraid of her retaining eggs. If this was the case, she would already had have shown issues.

Aside from everything, she looks outstanding beautiful 😍

Btw, how much do you feed her? And have you double checked her basking temps? She does look a bit “chubby” around her belly.

In general it’s a 120 days cyclus from laying till laying. Meaning after 2+ months she should be receptive again. My girl (veiled) showed me this time also after 2 months receptive behavior and I expect her to lay again within 3 weeks 😔😥 (poor thing). Some girls keep their receptive colors in between and those colors will only get more prominent during their receptive phase.

You made x-rays and she was clean. I won’t be afraid of her retaining eggs. If this was the case, she would already had have shown issues.

Aside from everything, she looks outstanding beautiful 😍
That's handy to know.
We've not had any more xrays since she was full of eggs. She's laid those but I'm wondering if she's used left over sperm to create a second batch? She's showing all signs of being receptive again but I'm not mating her. Her poor lil body has been through so much in the last couple months.

Btw, how much do you feed her? And have you double checked her basking temps? She does look a bit “chubby” around her belly.
She's not eating g much again atm but usually 2-4 locusts a day. She's still under a year old so was basing this on the junior diet of let them eat how many they wish to. All temps and humidity have remained the same and her cask isn't bulging, so I'm pretty sure it's not a weight issue. But she is looking round again, just like she did whilst gravid. I guess this one is a time will tell scenario! At least she knows what she's doing this time if she needs to lay

She's not eating g much again atm but usually 2-4 locusts a day. She's still under a year old so was basing this on the junior diet of let them eat how many they wish to. All temps and humidity have remained the same and her cask isn't bulging, so I'm pretty sure it's not a weight issue. But she is looking round again, just like she did whilst gravid. I guess this one is a time will tell scenario! At least she knows what she's doing this time if she needs to lay
By her age, you should feed this amount 3 times a week instead of daily. This huge amount of food intake will also stimulate egg production. Same as a basking spot hotter then 78-80.

Back
Top Bottom