Live Plant Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody know where i can buy a schefflera (umbrella tree) online? iv heard lots of good things about it and my veiled keeps eating the ficus (alot) we dont really have them local...online is my only option?

Not sure

Would you be able to have him play on a christmas tree? :confused:

If you have a grazing species (a panther) I would not take that risk. You don't say what species of tree you have. If you have one with stiff needles, eating them could present some problems. If you have a soft species, like Douglas Fir, or Norfolk Island Pine, it might be OK. Ornaments and electric lights might be other dangers.

On a side note: Christmas plants like mistletoe and holly are dangerously poisonous, and should not be in or near animal habitats.

so-so

Are ASPARAGUS FERN (Asparagus plumosus or A. setaceus) safe for my chameleon ?

Asparagus are OK, but not very sturdy. They are in the lily group. The asparagus we eat is in this genus.

Ferns, true ferns, contain glcocides that are slow poisons; especially to the liver. I would never use any true fern.

have this plant in my school.

I think it looks kinda cool, quite large and with nice branches.
However not tooooo much branches and leaves, which is good to see chameleon I would say.

Does anyone knows what it is?

dscn4427.jpg

dscn4429c.jpg

yes

have this plant in my school.

I think it looks kinda cool, quite large and with nice branches.
However not tooooo much branches and leaves, which is good to see chameleon I would say.

Does anyone knows what it is?

Looks like a _Dombeya_ to me.

What plant is this?!

hey everyone, so my neighbor had this plant that just looks perfect for a cham enclosure. i spoke with him and he couldn't tell me what kind of plant it was cause he found it and nursed it back to health. long story short, im propagating it and i have a pic. could anyone tell me what it could be?
IMG_20110515_214711.jpg

thanks a bunch

So, I just got my veiled a jade plant. I read on FL Chams that twas alright for him to have, but I wanted to make sure it was 100% alright for him to have. I washed it very well and repotted it in organic soil with tiny river rocks on it. Is it alright if I give it to him?

So, I just got my veiled a jade plant. I read on FL Chams that twas alright for him to have, but I wanted to make sure it was 100% alright for him to have. I washed it very well and repotted it in organic soil with tiny river rocks on it. Is it alright if I give it to him?

Sound like you've done everything correctly. I make sure that our chamy can't get into the drainage bowl by using one that fits tightly around the base of the pot. Or if it drains out the bottom of your cage, you are ready to rehome your jade plant. FL Chams is the bible to me.

Hello all!

What is the real deal with Pachira aquatica

Is it toxic or not for chameleons to eat?

I have used a search, but still there is conflicting opinions.

Thank you, Msgizmo. :) I did get one that fits tightly. He seems to really like it. I just can not wait to get his new cage. :) does anyone know if orchads (sp) are alright for chams?

Ok, so ive not read all 10 pages of this thread but from what ive read im still unsure as to whether any umbrella plants (Schefflera) are safe for chams, id love to have one but have always been under the impression there all toxic, could someboby please clear this up for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom