Question about live plants

Okay so we’ve been trying to get my 5-6 month old male veiled chameleon a plant for his enclosure, but the mom is being complicated. Me being a minor, she doesn’t wanna listen. Tried to get her to get a plant from Walmart (pothos specifically but also sent her the list of safe plants) anyways she doesn’t wanna cuz she knows Walmart not gonna have plants this season so asked her to order she refuses to order and now she’s saying he doesn’t need a live plant it’s an owners preference even tho *its not* she thinks just because she had an iguana she knows everything about chameleons lizards reptiles whatever. So now I don’t know what to do because my baby Rango needs a plant. Is there any plants I could get from outside or something for him? Cuz mama ain’t budging.

Show her this image, just save it to your phone.... The only ones recommended for Veileds are the ones that say Veiled tested. This is because they actively eat them. These can be found at home depot and lowes in their indoor plant section. Since she has had other reptiles you can give her this link to learn about chameleon husbandry. Maybe if you make it more about doing this together she will be more open. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Yall will need to get on the same page about buying the needed items for the chameleon. Otherwise the chameleon is the one that suffers. They have very specific husbandry and without meeting these needs many die very young.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.38 AM.png

Or be sneaky and sneak into her garden and find a good looking plant and make your cham hold it hostage for another plant of its preference 😉 lol jk. But pythos tend to grow wild around me so i would assume taking a trip outside wouldnt hurt before the cold hits

Back
Top Bottom