Lil smell

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have a little barely faint faint faint smell In my room where Yoshi is, nobody else smells it except me and my mom bc we have amazing noses but is it safe to have a diffuser diffusing essential oil’s in the other corner of the room or maybe Fabreeze or is there like a reptile safe smelling spray. I do spit clean and weekly clean there is no water sitting and everything is normal just a super faint smell

I wouldn't many of those scented products and essential oils can be unhealthy to breath in for people.
Okay. The human part I don’t know bout that bc my mom and a lot of people I know use them to make house smell good and some are beneficial for immune systems and etc

So I have a little barely faint faint faint smell In my room where Yoshi is, nobody else smells it except me and my mom bc we have amazing noses but is it safe to have a diffuser diffusing essential oil’s in the other corner of the room or maybe Fabreeze or is there like a reptile safe smelling spray. I do spit clean and weekly clean there is no water sitting and everything is normal just a super faint smell
So I found smells aren’t the chameleons so much as their vines, the plants, etc.

I would do a deep cleaning of the bottom of the cage, maybe the sides as well, and any vines or fake plants. If you have live plants, check them for root rot. It happens a lot in chameleon enclosures so to all the moisture. To curb this, I put fine sand on the top of the soil to help against smells and gnats. :)

My mom has an extra sensitive nose and anytime she comes over, she doesn’t smell my two at all!

So I found smells aren’t the chameleons so much as their vines, the plants, etc.

I would do a deep cleaning of the bottom of the cage, maybe the sides as well, and any vines or fake plants. If you have live plants, check them for root rot. It happens a lot in chameleon enclosures so to all the moisture. To curb this, I put fine sand on the top of the soil to help against smells and gnats. :)

My mom has an extra sensitive nose and anytime she comes over, she doesn’t smell my two at all!
I checked nothing but Maybe it’s just me 😂

So I have a little barely faint faint faint smell In my room where Yoshi is, nobody else smells it except me and my mom bc we have amazing noses
There are no li'l smells—only li'l stinkers! :ROFLMAO:

What kind of smell are we talking about, and what is the source? Chameleon poop? Dead cricket?
Must/mold? Plant-related? Mist water drainage? ??? :unsure:

but is it safe to have a diffuser diffusing essential oil’s in the other corner of the room or maybe Fabreeze or is there like a reptile safe smelling spray. I do spit clean and weekly clean there is no water sitting and everything is normal just a super faint smell
I'm not a fan of covering up odors with other (stronger?) odors; I'd rather get rid of the odor at its source if/whenever possible.

The one product I've found that can eliminate reptile stank is Nature's Miracle. It's enzymatic, so the little enzymes "eat" the "stinkie", leaving nothing (it contains a slight perfume, but that dissipates quickly as the product evaporates.)

My Missus has a sensitive nose too, and there are no "reptile" odors coming from any of our enclosures—including the bearded dragon's. If there were, either the reptiles or me would be gone. :(

I use it for spot cleaning (spritz & wipe) and weekly deep cleaning (remove chameleon, spritz everything including plants, and wipe or let dry.) Read all labels; follow all directions. ;)

What kind of smell are we talking about, and what is the source? Chameleon poop? Dead cricket?
Must/mold? Plant-related? Mist water drainage? ??? :unsure:

I'm not a fan of covering up odors with other (stronger?) odors; I'd rather get rid of the odor at its source if/whenever possible.

The one product I've found that can eliminate reptile stank is Nature's Miracle. It's enzymatic, so the little enzymes "eat" the "stinkie", leaving nothing (it contains a slight perfume, but that dissipates quickly as the product evaporates.)

My Missus has a sensitive nose too, and there are no "reptile" odors coming from any of our enclosures—including the bearded dragon's. If there were, either the reptiles or me would be gone. :(

I use it for spot cleaning (spritz & wipe) and weekly deep cleaning (remove chameleon, spritz everything including plants, and wipe or let dry.) Read all labels; follow all directions. ;)
I just smell a faint musk smell but I just checked my dogs bed and it’s that it’s just
A very faint smell and I got rid of it,

And what u don’t control what wild crickets grasshoppers and bugs eat what if the feeders have eaten for say tomatoe leafs/plants or another toxic plant

I gtg but will give u more evidence later

Okay. The human part I don’t know bout that bc my mom and a lot of people I know use them to make house smell good and some are beneficial for immune systems and etc
There's evidence out there those oils can be harmful. Then the ones that release phalates are very bad(which those seem to be phasing out with the health trends in america).

I second disliking covering odors with others.

Crack a window... air flow is important. Stale air smells. I totally agree with James.... No odor spray, aerosol spray, incense or diffusers in the room. This in turn is the same with cleaning products.... Spray onto papertowels outside the room and then wipe down your furniture to dust or use a swiffer on your bedroom furniture.

T
Crack a window... air flow is important. Stale air smells. I totally agree with James.... No odor spray, aerosol spray, incense or diffusers in the room. This in turn is the same with cleaning products.... Spray onto papertowels outside the room and then wipe down your furniture to dust or use a swiffer on your bedroom furniture.
Thx for the info is it okay to keep a window open if it’s 90 out will that effect him ir not

T

Thx for the info is it okay to keep a window open if it’s 90 out will that effect him ir not
You could crack the window. Just watch and see how it effects your ambient temps. I am in AZ so outside temps are hot right now. I normally wait until sunset to open windows for fresh air. Otherwise my ambient temp jumps higher than recommended.

You could crack the window. Just watch and see how it effects your ambient temps. I am in AZ so outside temps are hot right now. I normally wait until sunset to open windows for fresh air. Otherwise my ambient temp jumps higher than recommended.
Okay thanks 🙏 😂 no offense but I could never live in Arizona to hot 😂 I just got back from vk in Michigan and their weather is so nice it’s like 74

LOL I prefer heat without humidity. I am up in the mountains so our normal is no hotter than 80 but we do see the 90's here and there. But no humidity at all so it does not feel as hot.
Oh wow I thought Arizona was way hotter than that in Missiouri is around the same temps but it’s extremely humid

no offense but I could never live in Arizona to hot
Arizona is a big state with lots of geographical and climatological diversity.
Last time I was there, it was 110F in the valley (Elev. 1086), and 32F at the rim of The Canyon (Elev. 6804), which is over a mile higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona#Climate

O.T. I highly recommend everyone see The Canyon in person at least once in their lifetime—no photographs or videos can do it justice. We found the experience life-changing and quite spiritual. 😔

Back
Top Bottom