I’m just wondering my panther is a good size for a 6 month old male. This is my first Panther, I’ve had veileds in the past and I know they get bigger than panthers. I’m also wondering what I can do to raise humidity levels. I have 4 live plants and I mist up to 4 times a day but it’s never where it needs to be.
- Your Chameleon - Male Panther, not sure what morph. About 6 months old, I’ve had him since he was 1-2 months.
- Handling - I handle him whenever I need to. Usually when I have to clean his cage I’ll take him out and put him on another plant in the house.
- Feeding - Crickets on a daily basis, I’ve fed him a few hornworms, dubia roaches and I just started with super worms today. He doesn’t seem to like anything as much as he likes crickets, especially roaches.
- Supplements - Calcium without D3 everyday. I give Calcium with D3 every other Sunday and Reptivite every other Saturday.
- Watering - I mist 3-4 times a day for about 1 minute or longer depending on the humidity. I have a automatic mister set up but I don’t use it because it sprays water rather than mists and then the entire cage is covered in water. I also have a dripper which I also stopped using due to it working incorrectly.
- Fecal Description - His fecal varies. Sometimes he has some bigger, slimier fecal with white urates. Other times he has smaller dry fecal also with white urates.
- History - I’ve had him since April 10th and he was absolutely tiny when I got him. He’s grown a lot now and he’s shed 3 times since I’ve gotten him. I bought him from a pet shop but it was a breeder/shop. Nothing like PetSmart or Petco.
- Cage Type - He has a 2’x2’x4’ PVC paneled cage. It has a mesh under the door and also the top.
- Lighting - I have a 60W incandescent for basking and I have a 5.0 linear for UVB. Schedule is from 9am-9pm.
- Temperature - While the lights are on the ambient temp never goes below 70F. His basking spot is about 85-90F. When lights go off it sits around 40-50F.
- Humidity - This is what I have the most trouble with. His humidity is always around 50% and when I mist it goes up to 60%. No matter how much I mist I cannot get the humidity to go over 60%. I’ve tried so many things to get it up but nothing works. I’ve added drippers and misters as I mentioned but it just does not go up. I’m thinking maybe the hygrometer isn’t reading correctly because it doesn’t really make sense to me. Especially with it being a PVC paneled cage not a mesh.
- Plants - I have one weeping fig in the center. I have two dragon trees in one pot on the bottom and I also have a pothos on the bottom as well.
- Placement - I have his cage in the living room of our house. We have a studio apartment so there isn’t many spots for him. He seems fine where he is though. It doesn’t seem like he’s a very stressed out chameleon. His cage is right next to the living room window so there’s plenty of light that gets into the house. (I know UVB and whatever else doesn’t travel through glass).
- Location - Wisconsin, USA