NEW Chameleon hiding on the bottom of enclosure.

Living room is probably less active. Bedroom I have lights on late at night when I work late and a phone that rings a lot during the day. Living room is mostly just hanging out. To the right of the cage is the entry door about 10 feet away but most of the right side is covered by the majesty palm and we aren't in and out a whole lot. Ambient humidity showing on my thermostat is 54%. Digital hygro in the enclosure attached to open side is reading 45. (Thermostat is directly next to AC Vent)
Ok dont cover the right side solid then... Go to like hobby lobby... They have fake vines. You will use floral wire (all sharps on the outside of the cage) to hook the fake vines on that open screen side. Run lines of them down the side so it provides more cover. It will give the illusion to him that he is more secluded.

Ok dont cover the right side solid then... Go to like hobby lobby... They have fake vines. You will use floral wire (all sharps on the outside of the cage) to hook the fake vines on that open screen side. Run lines of them down the side so it provides more cover. It will give the illusion to him that he is more secluded.
Do you recommend removing him from the enclosure before doing this, so he doesn't fall if the enclosure shakes? I also want to add the 2 foot plant stand to raise the pothos higher. Just not sure if I should wait until he's a little more settled.

Do you recommend removing him from the enclosure before doing this, so he doesn't fall if the enclosure shakes? I also want to add the 2 foot plant stand to raise the pothos higher. Just not sure if I should wait until he's a little more settled.
For the fake vines you will add those to the outside so I would not remove him. I would hold off on adding anything inside the cage where you have to change the look of it. This will just throw him off and cause more stress. With everything he went through you want to keep stress minimal because his immune system is already compromised.

For the fake vines you will add those to the outside so I would not remove him. I would hold off on adding anything inside the cage where you have to change the look of it. This will just throw him off and cause more stress. With everything he went through you want to keep stress minimal because his immune system is already compromised.
I figured you meant on the outside. I'll use tape instead of wire so I don't need to go in and thread anything through from the inside. Already ordered some vines and bug burger. Both should be here tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I'll update if anything changes.

I figured you meant on the outside. I'll use tape instead of wire so I don't need to go in and thread anything through from the inside. Already ordered some vines and bug burger. Both should be here tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I'll update if anything changes.
No tape that goes through to the screen. Can't risk baby getting stuck to it. So if you use this be very cautious that he can not get to it in any way. This is why floral wire is typically used because you can loop in through the screen and twist on the outside of the cage.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

No tape that goes through to the screen. Can't risk baby getting stuck to it. So if you use this be very cautious that he can not get to it in any way. This is why floral wire is typically used because you can loop in through the screen and twist on the outside of the cage.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Quick update after a few days of completely avoiding eye contact, he is still very worried when he sees me and still hides (Now in the higher plants) but has been in the top half of the enclosure today. Setting up the vines on the open side exterior in the next couple days and have repashy bug burger all made up and in the cricket keeper. Baby steps but at least we have steps.

Quick update after a few days of completely avoiding eye contact, he is still very worried when he sees me and still hides (Now in the higher plants) but has been in the top half of the enclosure today. Setting up the vines on the open side exterior in the next couple days and have repashy bug burger all made up and in the cricket keeper. Baby steps but at least we have steps.
The fact that he is moving up now towards basking is a very good sign. Keep doing what you are doing and he should settle more and more. Just takes time with these guys.

The fact that he is moving up now towards basking is a very good sign. Keep doing what you are doing and he should settle more and more. Just takes time with these guys.
And for the first time he’s sleeping up high instead of the lower pothos plant.

Attachments

• IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 11
And for the first time he’s sleeping up high instead of the lower pothos plant.
Good he is feeling a bit more secure now... Normally when they do they stop sleeping on screens and will move from lower to higher in the cage to sleep. So this is a good thing.

Just a final update on Groot. He came out of his enclosure for a good cleaning after fighting it for about 90 minutes (he was at the tail end of a shed and being feisty). He was an entirely different chameleon when we finally got him out. Bright as can be and super friendly. Finished the night accepting hand feeding for the first time since we got him back. Everything seems great. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5731.png
    IMG_5731.png
    547.7 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom