Is this normal for a male Jackson?

Rwake15

So i was watching my cham climb around this morning i have never really seen him go to the bathroom before. He went number two and there was red pea size lumps that came out on each side of his shoot and then he went but the pea size lumps seemed to take a bit to go back in. At first i thought he had bloody stewols but i realized that it went back in. I was wondering is this normal and is it his man stuff or if something might be wrong with him?

red lumps!

Thankyou! Soooo much it was kinda embarrassing asking but i feel sooo much better now that i know its normal. Also i have some other question what plants are you guys using in the cage i have been using hibiscus but they keep dieing cause lack of sun light

Sound like a diet change may be in order if they took a long time to retract. Less chiton and more soft bodied food, silkworms, horn worms, house flies etc.

yes i have been feeding him crickets he wont hand feed but he wont eat grub worms or supper worms? idk what else to try?

What do you feed besides cricks? Imo, cricks make an especially poor staple for a xanth. Feeding mostly cricks will eventually lead to serious metabolic issues including hyperphosphatemia. Imo no single feeder should make up more than 40% of the overall diet, imo more than 25% cricks is asking for problems. Jmo

Back
Top Bottom