Normal when pooping?

Humble

So I just actually watched my chameleon poop for the first time.
He's been pooping very regularly.
Eats great. He used to poop closer to the back of his cage, but since he's been in his 2x2x4 enclosure, he likes to come right up front. Around the same time everyday. And poops.
I was standing at his door getting ready to feed him. And I look up. And see he's got was looked like a prolapse going on? He pooped. And by the time I got to my phone, this was the best picture I could get.
Everything went back inside of him fine. But It tripped me out to see it all just... Out.
Is this a normal thing? Just a problem if it doesn't go back in? Or is his poop supposed to just kinda. Slip out if him..

Attachments

• IMG_20230723_093419235.jpg
    IMG_20230723_093419235.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 42
Good question. How does he look now? My boys don’t seem to do that when pooping but I’m not sure if that is just me.

Good question. How does he look now? My boys don’t seem to do that when pooping but I’m not sure if that is just me.
He looks fine and is acting normal. (He's actually been warming up to me a lot the last 3 days, almost immediately after going into his big enclosure) He pooped this morning. Poop looks normal. Slightly runny because I let him have an extra hornworm yesterday.
Everything slowly slid back inside of him and his little slit went back flat. And he turned around and went for his food bowl.
I feel like it was a normal sized compared to what he has been putting out.

I should of done a bit more reading first.. Im gonna say we are in the clear!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726-221732.png
    Screenshot_20230726-221732.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 45
As long as all the pink parts go back in it’s usually ok.

If they don’t, you need to put some plain K-Y jelly on the pink parts until they do go back in to prevent those parts from drying out and becoming necrotic (dying)….and take him to a good exotics vet asap.

As long as all the pink parts go back in it’s usually ok.

If they don’t, you need to put some plain K-Y jelly on the pink parts until they do go back in to prevent those parts from drying out and becoming necrotic (dying)….and take him to a good exotics vet asap.
Would plain coconut oil work as well?
KY is kinda sticky in my opinion.

I’m sorry but I have no idea If coconut oil would work. I’d worry about it growing bacteria or fungus in it. Plain K-Y jelly is what me vet always recommended…so I’m sure there’s a reason for it. BTW NO Vaseline either.

I’m sorry but I have no idea If coconut oil would work. I’d worry about it growing bacteria or fungus in it. Plain K-Y jelly is what me vet always recommended…so I’m sure there’s a reason for it. BTW NO Vaseline either.
I will invest in a bottle for emergencies then thank you!

Back
Top Bottom