Gravid or?

Past few days my female veiled has been looking like this. She still eats and everything and I do have a lay bin full of play sand in with her. She does go down to bottom a lot but doesn't really bother with the bin. Is she gravid? I am just worried about her because she has never looked like this before. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 180
I'd say she is gravid. I've never dealt with a female before tho, so I would wait and see if someone else agrees, but based on the gravid cham I saw last month, I'd say she is.

Has she been with any men recently? Haha that sounded funny...

Thanks for the replies everyone. She is definitely a female. No tarsal spurs. She has never looked like this except past few days. I'm just concerned.

Thanks for the replies everyone. She is definitely a female. No tarsal spurs. She has never looked like this except past few days. I'm just concerned.

if you are positive that its a girl.. and she hasnt shown the yellow bars before.. then yes shes gravid.

Any way to tell for sure which one she is? (Recepetive or gravid?)

not unless you go get xrays and see if she has eggs inside.
or you put a male near her, if she doesnt freak out, then shes prob receptive.
either way, you should have a lay bin in with her at all times.

How long does she usually take to lay her eggs? I mean from the time she first shows the yellow bars and spots to actually laying them. Because it has been 4 days and she hangs out at the bottom a lot but hasnt stepped foot in the lay bin. I guess I am over worried.:confused:

well the colors can come at any time.

my female showed gravid colors 2 days after being bred and heldthem till she laid.

her second clutch- barely any coloring.

once egg production starts- 3-5 weeks is normal till they lay.

after they start digging, it can take days.

Back
Top Bottom