Laying eggs or sheding?

And i wont even get started wirh the petstore that i got her... the guy said " u need to take her out of the cage everyday so she dont get bored", not mention the other bu ch of wrong info..
Welcome to the faith must of us started. But, you’re now in good hands and she will thrive in your care. You already started better then I did and I learned a lot here.

what type of bulb is it? Is it a focused heat bulb with a flat bottom or is it a regular incandescent bulb that has the round bottom?
Is a regular incandescent.

This one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_044327_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_044327_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4
Is a regular incandescent.

This one
So that is a focused heat lamp for reptiles, not a normal incandescent bulb. According to the box, at 20cm away from the lamp, it's 35C. The way the image of your heat lamp looks, I don't think she's even that far away from it.

I agree with the above, I think it's probably a pretty big burn - if you put your hand below the heat lamp, can you leave it there without being uncomfortable? If you feel you need to pull your hand away because it's too warm, it's going to be too warm for your lovely little girl. Get that lamp MUCH higher and get a probe thermometer ASAP.

I would also schedule a vet appointment ASAP because if that is a burn, it's a big one, and you'll need silver sulfadiazine cream prescribed for treating it.

As far as the UVB - I'd definitely check your distance. Too much UVB can be concerning too.

So that is a focused heat lamp for reptiles, not a normal incandescent bulb. According to the box, at 20cm away from the lamp, it's 35C. The way the image of your heat lamp looks, I don't think she's even that far away from it.

I agree with the above, I think it's probably a pretty big burn - if you put your hand below the heat lamp, can you leave it there without being uncomfortable? If you feel you need to pull your hand away because it's too warm, it's going to be too warm for your lovely little girl. Get that lamp MUCH higher and get a probe thermometer ASAP.

I would also schedule a vet appointment ASAP because if that is a burn, it's a big one, and you'll need silver sulfadiazine cream prescribed for treating it.

As far as the UVB - I'd definitely check your distance. Too much UVB can be concerning too.
Hey there. The heat lamp is def more than 20 cm . And i can left my hand there for a while.
I am getting a 5.0 uvb and a prob tdy. So hope would be ok now.

Thank you for the help

Hey all.

Thank you for all the help!!!

I have change the UVB for a T5 HO 5.0.. funny enough looks more bright than the other one i got.

I have put a prob on the basking branch and temp is around 80F (27 C)

She eat a bit today 2 moria worms, big ones. so I think she is getting there.. VET appointment to check if is real a burn is tricky here. as they have no Exotic vets around and I will probably get a appointment in a week time.. I am pretty sure I burn the little one 😓.

In the mean time, is anything also I can do? maybe some cream I can put that wont do more harm.. .I see some things about Calendula or aloe vera been use in burn treatment in reptiles, but not as specific as a chameleon. I try find silver sulfadiazine but couldn't get any on the pharmacies around..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 174747.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 174747.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Silver sulfadiazine is by prescription only. Right now there really isn’t anywhere to apply any cream or ointment. It’s when the burned tissue starts to separate and slough off that you’ll need to apply an antibacterial on the open wound. Manuka honey or plain Neosporin (the one without pain relief) can be used, but is not as good as the silver sulfadiazine. Depending on how bad the burn is, she may need to take antibiotic medication too. We may be able to help you find a vet. Where are you located?

Silver sulfadiazine is by prescription only. Right now there really isn’t anywhere to apply any cream or ointment. It’s when the burned tissue starts to separate and slough off that you’ll need to apply an antibacterial on the open wound. Manuka honey or plain Neosporin (the one without pain relief) can be used, but is not as good as the silver sulfadiazine. Depending on how bad the burn is, she may need to take antibiotic medication too. We may be able to help you find a vet. Where are you located?
Hey there.

I am based in Uk, London. I found a vet but only next week.

The burn dont look that bad. If is a burn.. the skin dont look like dry or hurt or blistered. It is just grey sometimes, sometimes white... i will keep a close eye on her...

Back
Top Bottom