FVC missing half her tail.....

Ethan

So for the last 2 months I was in and out of my local reptile store and kept my eye on the baby veiled's like I always do. I noticed 1 female who tail was missing (about half of it) and thought to myself she gonna die. The tail was gross. I kept coming back and as the cage thinned out there she was tail looking less gross. Finally a week ago I go in and there she is bigger that any of the others and looking really good. I went to the owner and asked if I could have her. He said yes. I took her home and she is happy as can be. Here is the question. The stump. It is scabbed over with so dry skin around it. It does have a look of infection like it did but is there a balm or salve I should use?

i got my veiled from a lady with another veiled that was her pet. he was like 3 yrs old and they seem to adapt well with it. she had the vet amputate it for some reason so id probably make an appointment to see what to do and make sure its not infected.

Yea, if it's infected there's no choice but to get antibiotics from a vet. Or to get the "she's ok" from one. You'd rather have a professional help you with that.

Two of mine are missing different lengths of their tails and they do great. The one with the most missing does fantastic without it, he's got a really thickly planted cage so he does just fine with his feet.

Back
Top Bottom