female started digging. is it ok if...

VeiledOwner87

so a long awaited gravid female has finnally started digging today. shes been housed in a tall recycle bin for the last 2 weeks with about foot of sand. today she started digging but was obviously digging test holes. as i didnt disrupt her, i peeked over and the last place she ended up in was the first place she started digging. i let her be and when i peeked in again she was on her branch. i had 2 small potted plants in there a vine and a small branch. when she was up on her branch, i took the potted plants out and elevated her stick with fake plants off the ground. by giving her this room, have i disruppted anything? or will this be better? i figured giving her more room would be sufficient. also, in your guys experience, how long has your digging process taken if digging test holes? shes a very content chameleon, she loves being handled and loves me, even though she is my girlfriends, she is never stressed in my presence and i am the only person she comes in contact with ever, unless my gf is over which is like once or twice a week and says hi to her., never handles though

imput please and thanks.

The sand should be moist enough to hold a tunnel.

Leave her alone...don't disturb things and don't let her see you watching her when she is digging.

If she is sitting up in her branches then you can give her the meds then. Its when she is in the hole, digging that she needs to be left alone.

Back
Top Bottom