dose she look ok?

backwood fred

hi my female has been going to the lower part of her cage and has been turning darker than normal dose she look ok?

Attachments

• Picture 450.jpg
    Picture 450.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 460.jpg
    Picture 460.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 466.jpg
    Picture 466.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 461.jpg
    Picture 461.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 133
She is showing gravid coloration. Did you breed her? Do you have a laying bucket in there for her?

well im not shure if it was sucsessfull... i put her in his cage and left to go get food and go to block buster when i came back she looked like this and they were on opposit sides of the cage looking at eachother it was weard so i took a pic

Attachments

• Picture 465.jpg
    Picture 465.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 136
you put a male and a female in a cage together and then left them unattended??? You serious..... well get the laying bins out, guess you will find out in a year

Regardless of whether they bred successfully, she could be bearing eggs. You should get a laying bin there now. If you need help, search this forum for "laying bin" and you'll find lots of threads on what to do.

well im not shure if it was sucsessfull... i put her in his cage and left to go get food and go to block buster when i came back she looked like this and they were on opposit sides of the cage looking at eachother it was weard so i took a pic

You should never leave them unattended because the male can very easily injure the female. You will need to provide her with a laying bin. She should lay her eggs in 30-40 days. Here are a couple good threads I suggest that you read. The first tells you how to make a laying bin. The other deals with breeding.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/ideal-egg-laying-setup-26954/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/some-thoughts-breeding-2612/

thank you, could i use old sand or should i git new sand, i have a sand box in my backyard from when i was a kid do you think it will be fine to use that

and maybe mix it with some organic soil or peat moss and keep it damp so a tunnel can be dug without collapsing.

just let her be for now. It would be too early for to lay yet if she is gravid anyway. Leave the lay box in there, in a couple days, she'll start to dig. But its good for her to know the lay box is in there :) Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom