Does he need a bigger cage?

bongrod269

One of my panther chameleons is very strange and has a personality (which i love :)). Anyways, I have had him for about a year and a half now and I have him in a XL repti breeze cage. He has a huge schefflera in his cage with lots of vines and branches. But he is constantly trying to escape! When ever I come to the room he is ether clawing at the top or bottom corner of the cage trying to get out. As soon as i open his cage he sprints out on to my hand like he just got out of jail. I normally have him roam around my room when I am home and he goes to the to the highest point in my room and just hangs out and poops all over my stuff. I know for a fact he is very healthy because I take all my chameleons to the vet for monthly check ups. But my question is should I just build him a huge cage or do you guys have any other ideas? Thanks

Buy that poor guy a tree and let him free range.

I've noticed you are a big fan of this. Do you Free range all your guys? Sorry to thread jack.

As for OP i would say maybe experiment with a small free range section.

Gpmo (him)

I've noticed you are a big fan of this. Do you Free range all your guys? Sorry to thread jack.

As for OP i would say maybe experiment with a small free range section.

Gpmo (him)

Yes, I free range both of my chameleons. They are so much happier free.

I am likely coming into a Panther and the idea of free ranging is getting more and more appealing, but i don't know how to do it effectively to keep messes to a minimum. And could i free range with him in the same room but on the other side as my other chams... hmmm

Gpmo (him)

Wow Jannb thanks a lot, it was kindof a random thought but i am gonna take a serious look now.

We have 1.0.2 Yemen, 1.1 F. Lateralis, as of now.

Gpmo (him)

Back
Top Bottom