Just sharing an updated picture of Eustis. I don’t think I’ve posted one in a year!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
He’s doing well, still sheds every 2-3 months. I haven’t weighed him in a long time because he just hates coming out of his cage! Hes terrified of me touching him as well. I don’t know why because I’ve always been gentle and try to go under him to encourage him onto my hand but he just won’t have it. He tears my skin up and I have an allergic reaction. I would love to be able to take him out for natural sunshine this summer but he seems terrified when he’s outside as well. Oh well, here he is exploring again! lol! Sorry it’s through the screen. I will see if I can add one without the screen in the way. Does he look healthy to you all? The wire in the second photo is his basking spot temp probe.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0074.jpeg
    IMG_0074.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
He looks awesome! Do Jacksons front middle horn tend to curve up like that!? That looks so cool!
No, not generally but I think Eustis was wild caught from Hawaii and the population there has been inbred since there’s no new blood coming in since the original group was released there in the 70s. Curved or bent horns seem to be the norm there due to inbreeding.

No, not generally but I think Eustis was wild caught from Hawaii and the population there has been inbred since there’s no new blood coming in since the original group was released there in the 70s. Curved or bent horns seem to be the norm there due to inbreeding.
Well that's the coolest result of inbreeding I've ever seen in my life :ROFLMAO: I like it. I feel like it makes him unique!

He’s doing well, still sheds every 2-3 months. I haven’t weighed him in a long time because he just hates coming out of his cage! Hes terrified of me touching him as well. I don’t know why because I’ve always been gentle and try to go under him to encourage him onto my hand but he just won’t have it. He tears my skin up and I have an allergic reaction. I would love to be able to take him out for natural sunshine this summer but he seems terrified when he’s outside as well. Oh well, here he is exploring again! lol! Sorry it’s through the screen. I will see if I can add one without the screen in the way. Does he look healthy to you all? The wire in the second photo is his basking spot temp probe.
He looks amazing! I really want a Jackson’s but the nighttime temperature drop is something that I can’t accomplish 🤣🤣

He looks amazing! I really want a Jackson’s but the nighttime temperature drop is something that I can’t accomplish 🤣🤣
In the summer you really need to have a window air conditioner near the enclosure. I turn mine on at night to achieve the night time drop. In the winter I just turn my heat down to 66 at night and with the fogger going in his cage actually takes the temp down to about 59-60 F. It’s not too hard for me to achieve it but I live in Maine where it’s generally cooler than other states however in the summer it can be a challenge on hot nights.

Back
Top Bottom