Need some feedback

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi guys,

My Jackson’s is opening his mouth again. He has done this a few times in the past. Last time there was a big purple ball in the room that was freaking him out. Hoping this is the case again and he hasn’t got an RI. Does this look like an RI?

I don’t see star gazing but his mouth is open. No excess of saliva or popping noises when he breathes. Temps are spot on and so is humidity.

The black spots on his side are his stressed colors I believe. I’ve only seen them when he is unhappy.

Does anyone see any red flags that I am missing? Temps and humidity is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_9893.png
    IMG_9893.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9892.png
    IMG_9892.png
    755 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9889.jpeg
    IMG_9889.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 15
Is there anything new in the room? Anything that has been moved? Is he eating normally? Have you checked his temporal glands? (I think that’s what they are called).

Is there anything new in the room? Anything that has been moved? Is he eating normally? Have you checked his temporal glands? (I think that’s what they are called).
Ya I’ve added some stuff in the room across from him (some bins to store things). Maybe I’ll move those and see what happens.

He is eating normally, he ate 3 bsfl from my hand not too long ago. He is eating normally every other day. Poops are normal and he is hydrated.

I’ll look at his temporal glands. I might need to do some research first to see what an infected one looks like

Ok just looked, no swelling, no redness, no puss. Nothing that even remotely looks like a temporal gland infection according to pics I found on the chameleon academy.

I fed him some back a few more times to try and get some videos and pics of his glands they aren’t that great but again….not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Bins have been moved. I did put a bunch of stuff there recently so I’m wondering if he didn’t like stuff slowly getting closer to his enclosure?

It’s not open all the time either. Not sure if that says anything about what’s possibly going on.

Attachments

• IMG_9917.png
    IMG_9917.png
    784.1 KB · Views: 11
Ok just looked, no swelling, no redness, no puss. Nothing that even remotely looks like a temporal gland infection according to pics I found on the chameleon academy.

I fed him some back a few more times to try and get some videos and pics of his glands they aren’t that great but again….not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Bins have been moved. I did put a bunch of stuff there recently so I’m wondering if he didn’t like stuff slowly getting closer to his enclosure?
In the first picture of him he looks like he's about to shed, maybe just grumpy ? The Academy has a medical section that has a page on temporal gland infection. Did you just walk into his view when he opened his mouth ?

In the first picture of him he looks like he's about to shed, maybe just grumpy ? The Academy has a medical section that has a page on temporal gland infection. Did you just walk into his view when he opened his mouth ?
Oh I forgot about shedding too. He did shed one foot Friday…maybe more is coming?

He started the open mouth thing (or at least I first noticed it) last night. There has been a lot of activity in his room this weekend too so maybe he has just had enough.

I went through the whole RI page and the temporal gland infection page. So far the only symptom that matches either is the open mouth. He has no other symptoms.

Oh I forgot about shedding too. He did shed one foot Friday…maybe more is coming?

He started the open mouth thing (or at least I first noticed it) last night. There has been a lot of activity in his room this weekend too so maybe he has just had enough.

I went through the whole RI page and the temporal gland infection page. So far the only symptom that matches either is the open mouth. He has no other symptoms.
I just realized I didn’t answer your question. He will have it open both when I’m in the room and when I’m not. I’ve been watching him all morning on his chamera. He seems to find me a spot, sit there for a minute, then open his mouth. After a while he will close it, move to another spot, sit there for a minute and open his mouth again. Most of the time it’s not a wide opened mouth either is sort of partially open.

As I’m watching him I feel like he is doing the chameleon salute a lot too.

Attachments

• IMG_9918.jpeg
    IMG_9918.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 13
How do I search old posts I started in the past? I started one a while ago when I feel like he had similar behaviors and Id love to find it again to see if this seems the same.

How do I search old posts I started in the past? I started one a while ago when I feel like he had similar behaviors and Id love to find it again to see if this seems the same.
Click on search and type your name in the "by" member will show all your comments but if you remember the title you used on the post add that also

Is he doing it when you aren't looking? I know Derpy will see me, want attention, and open her mouth until I walk to her viv. Especially if something is new around our room (I am rearranging my sewing side of the house, where her viv is). I use a fold-up room divider to hinder her view or block light at night for her, though.

Is he doing it when you aren't looking? I know Derpy will see me, want attention, and open her mouth until I walk to her viv. Especially if something is new around our room (I am rearranging my sewing side of the house, where her viv is). I use a fold-up room divider to hinder her view or block light at night for her, though.
OMG Hi!!! Ya I'm catching him doing it both when I'm in his room and on his 'chamera'. I'm hoping its something stress related that I can easily change because I'm noticing he is doing the chameleon salute with one hand often when he does this as well. I'm just confused TBH.

Sonny mostly does this when he starts with shedding or when something annoy him (never found out what exactly). Without the typical “illness” symptoms I won’t worry too much and just keep an eye on him.

OMG Hi!!! Ya I'm catching him doing it both when I'm in his room and on his 'chamera'. I'm hoping its something stress related that I can easily change because I'm noticing he is doing the chameleon salute with one hand often when he does this as well. I'm just confused TBH.
Yeah, if he's on chamera doing the salute as well, something is visually bothering him, for sure

Sonny mostly does this when he starts with shedding or when something annoy him (never found out what exactly). Without the typical “illness” symptoms I won’t worry too much and just keep an eye on him.
I’ve been watching him and I believe I see some shed coming on like @SteveH suggested along his back and tail.

Ok I can calm down and breathe now. I was really worried for a minute there.

Attachments

• IMG_9920.jpeg
    IMG_9920.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom