10 month Chester update, photos, free roam!

lurker9090

My boy chester is officially 10 months old and I just wanted to give some updates. We have moved apartments together, I got him his very own window. He free roams 95% of the time. He is such a good boy. I want to keep expanding his free roam more and more.
He loves exploring! and enjoying the view. many times in the day Ill catch him literally in a trance staring out the window and enjoying the sunsets and rain. The first time he saw a sunrise i truly think he was amazed, i could tell he really was looking at it.
Its starting to warm up where i live so i have started taking him on short visits on the balcony. When it gets hot enough I will be adding another tree/safe free roam area for him outside. Ive noticed hes starting to get less scared of outside and has started basking/relaxing a little more.

He is still not in love with handling haha, but i know he's not scared of me anymore, he's just a lil sassy and likes his space :)

Its been a tough year, but he has given me so much happiness.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.20 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9508.PNG
    IMG_9508.PNG
    409.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.20 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.12 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.32.05 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.31.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 11.31.56 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0444.PNG
    IMG_0444.PNG
    728.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0166.PNG
    IMG_0166.PNG
    768.1 KB · Views: 12
He’s so handsome! I love that he gets to free roam so much. Do you just open his cage and let him come out and go in on his own? I want so badly to set up a free roam area for my guy. There are just so many people/ other animals in my home that I need to make sure I can make it safe for him.

He’s so handsome! I love that he gets to free roam so much. Do you just open his cage and let him come out and go in on his own? I want so badly to set up a free roam area for my guy. There are just so many people/ other animals in my home that I need to make sure I can make it safe for him.
thanks so much!! his door is probably closed for less then 5 min a day (during start of feeding time), the rest of the day is he 100% free to come in/out as he pleases :) Oooo I totally get ya! if u were able to seperate your in his own room I would definatly reccomend it because its so rewarding to see the explore! and i think it helps build trust too!

Happy 10 months Chester! He’s very handsome. 🥰 I love that he can free range so much, but how are you providing him uvb when he’s out and about?

Happy 10 months Chester! He’s very handsome. 🥰 I love that he can free range so much, but how are you providing him uvb when he’s out and about?
I was super lucky, the sun faces the window during the brightest times in the day, and while the uvb cannot go through glass, that entire window opens up:) and there also another one cut out of the view that entirely opens up! If the day is extra gloomy I will make sure he stays in his cage enough to get proper uvb :) I am considering installing an extra light above his freeroam tree for extra gloomy days :love:

I have a room so I can close the door and keep my chameleons safe while they free roam. Maybe this may work for you?

My boy chester is officially 10 months old and I just wanted to give some updates. We have moved apartments together, I got him his very own window. He free roams 95% of the time. He is such a good boy. I want to keep expanding his free roam more and more.
He loves exploring! and enjoying the view. many times in the day Ill catch him literally in a trance staring out the window and enjoying the sunsets and rain. The first time he saw a sunrise i truly think he was amazed, i could tell he really was looking at it.
Its starting to warm up where i live so i have started taking him on short visits on the balcony. When it gets hot enough I will be adding another tree/safe free roam area for him outside. Ive noticed hes starting to get less scared of outside and has started basking/relaxing a little more.

He is still not in love with handling haha, but i know he's not scared of me anymore, he's just a lil sassy and likes his space :)

Its been a tough year, but he has given me so much happiness.
What a beautiful boy and it seems like he is living his best life with you ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I love it!

I have been toying with the idea of using my sisters bedroom for this since she recently moved out…..
I bet you’d love it. I don’t leave them alone in there just in case. Door is always closed while I’m supervising that way the dogs don’t get to any of them.

Back
Top Bottom