Cricket advice

Stefan9881

Hey,

Lately my cham wont eat from my hand nor from a plastic box which I sometimes use to feed her(my chams a sub-adult and her health is good). She just stares at me and the cricket(s) and then wanders off. Can I leave them be in the cage without my supervision? I feed her during mornings and evenings so she has enough time to digest it.

Thanks in advance!

I assume you are feeding them more than just crickets. Cham might just be bored with crickets. Just keep checking for dead crickets to see if they are eating.

I assume you are feeding them more than just crickets. Cham might just be bored with crickets. Just keep checking for dead crickets to see if they are eating.

Yes, 30-40% of her diet is silkworms, superworms, roaches etc. Could shedding have anything to do with it?

Thanks, she doesnt want crickets, but took a superworm. I'm more than sure its the shedding why shes doesnt have interest in them.

Its probably the shedding... Be careful with those superworms, they can get addicted and you will have to employ some tough love to get him eating crickets again!

Oh yes.... miserable when shedding!! LOL

Also, I wouldn't feed on an evening as they need heat from basking light to digest their food. Mornings are fine as that means all day to soak up some rays and get those scrummy bugs digested properly ;)

Back
Top Bottom