crap crap crap

You should NEVER stop researching and learning about an animal after you get it! You must learn, grow, and evolve with new info that comes after!

Do not try to pit us as the people who get your next animal sick or killed if they come from an expo! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! This is mainly a forum for chameleons, go to reputable forums for whichever animal you want to get!
dont worry, im srry if i made it sound like i would stop researching, thats not what i was trying to imply im just saying that the immense research would be while im planning for it. im going to keep researching about the crestie, just mainly what its problems are, not the over all care. Ill still research the over all care just not as much. Srry for making it sound like im going to drag you into my reptile if it has bad health after all this is a sight for chameleons, i will most likely not post here again in more than a year if not never (maybe not never but no time soon) and so i wont bug you about a creature this site is not about

dont worry, im srry if i made it sound like i would stop researching, thats not what i was trying to imply im just saying that the immense research would be while im planning for it. im going to keep researching about the crestie, just mainly what its problems are, not the over all care. Ill still research the over all care just not as much
The care is important, you can’t only focus on what can go wrong and health issues, you will need the care in order for your crestie to be healthy and not the problems you will encounter if you don’t focus on care as well. 😕

The care is important, you can’t only focus on what can go wrong and health issues, you will need the care in order for your crestie to be healthy and not the problems you will encounter if you don’t focus on care as well. 😕
sorry im acting like such i bad owner, everyone says i barely do any of the work and i get it. I'm just hoping that i can have something that i don't feel like i've completely ruined there life with and made them die before getting past even their growing faze.

sorry im acting like such i bad owner, everyone says i barely do any of the work and i get it. I'm just hoping that i can have something that i don't feel like i've completely ruined there life with and made them die before getting past even their growing faze.
You know you can always get a dog or a cat 😉. They do require care but it’s not AS complicated but that does not mean it’s not hard etc...

You know you can always get a dog or a cat 😉. They do require care but it’s not AS complicated but that does not mean it’s not hard etc...
IME with both, cats require less. To be a responsible owner, dogs require some socialization training. It really isn't what I'd call hard, but IMO if one can't spend at least 10 minutes twice a day, one shouldn't get a dog either.

lol really? even though ive got 2 dogs and a cat and used to have 2 other cats (WHY DID U HAVE TO RUN AWAY) my 2 cats ran away and the cat that always runs and comes back is the one the whole family thinks is a pain in the butt, the two other ones were my best friends. ill send pics because they are cute, penny rita and oliver, oliver 12 (i think) penny 11 rita 10
62319553938__2DC2E740-8E86-4816-8A53-FE84B101D9FD.JPG
IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg

The first step to correcting our faults is identifying and admitting them to ourselves.
You don’t have to be a bad keeper unless you choose to be. With most animals, if you learn very well what their needs are and provide for them, that greatly reduces the chances of things going wrong. Find an animal or animals that you are interested in and then start learning everything you possibly can about their habits, needs, etc. I suggest getting a notebook and taking notes of key points. Write down any questions you have and then when you have found the answer, write it down. Look at the help form questions and make sure you have all of that correct info about any animal you’re considering.

The first step to correcting our faults is identifying and admitting them to ourselves.
You don’t have to be a bad keeper unless you choose to be. With most animals, if you learn very well what their needs are and provide for them, that greatly reduces the chances of things going wrong. Find an animal or animals that you are interested in and then start learning everything you possibly can about their habits, needs, etc. I suggest getting a notebook and taking notes of key points. Write down any questions you have and then when you have found the answer, write it down. Look at the help form questions and make sure you have all of that correct info about any animal you’re considering.
im feel good about this guy, the more you keep an animal the more mistakes you learn from, Your chameleon got egg bound... get a male, (or just put there laybin in next time) your chameleon from cbreptile was slightly sick... Don't order from cbreptile! Im not saying i have hate on cbreptile... but i kinda have hate on cbreptile. aIt is my fault though for not treating beans

Since you've got these other pets, I'd work on taking better care of them before adding another to the mix. Sounds like you've got some growing (maturing) of your own to do.

Don't order from cbreptile! Im not saying i have hate on cbreptile... but i kinda have hate on cbreptile.

I try very hard not to bash specific companies or individuals but the business practice of flipping pets is not a good one. Some of them buy from distributors some are distributors. If you go to fauna classifieds and other sites you will see adds wanting to buy entire clutches of chameleons. What many do is buy clutches from people who accidentally bought a pregnant female (ironically from one of these sources) when they ordered or thought they got a male. Now that the new keeper is overwhelmed with more pets than they expected distributors scoop up the poorly kept off spring from mothers who weren't cared for properly during their pregnancy spawning yet another generation of animals in poor condition. They sell cheaper than others because they have no investment in their care. They can go in group cages or infected cages further reducing the chance of getting a healthy pet.
There is a very old thread on the forum describing the conditions one member observed in such a facility, dead reptiles littered the floor, filthy crowded cages and sick animals unattended to. The tread is from the early forum years. I wish I had book marked it.
Don't support this industry by buying from big chain pet stores, flippers or distributors.

im feel good about this guy, the more you keep an animal the more mistakes you learn from, Your chameleon got egg bound... get a male, (or just put there laybin in next time) your chameleon from cbreptile was slightly sick... Don't order from cbreptile! Im not saying i have hate on cbreptile... but i kinda have hate on cbreptile. aIt is my fault though for not treating beans
What animal did you get?

I don't think the best way to learn is by seeing how the last one died or what made one sick (it's cruel). I think you learn BEFORE you get them (not while you have them, and now that you know better) so you are in the best position to keep them not only ALIVE but happy and healthy. Please do not go with the intention of making mistakes in order to learn, this will result in unnecessary suffering.

im trying to hold back my sadness which is easy on here but i'm really sad in irl (as you probably knew because who would not) I'm going to make a proper marker on there grave, i kinda wish i buried him in his live plants substrate because then he would help it thrive oof ;-; Do you have any suggestion, not a tree though. Last time people asked for a tree which i wanted to do but i thought was to extra especially with my tiny yard. Boy do i wish i could turn my entire room into a cage and so while im on my bed next to me is a branch he crawls to but i feel like that would not only stress the chameleon out to much but the things in my room would be hazards :/ seems cool though like look at this
IMG_2244.jpg

im trying to hold back my sadness which is easy on here but i'm really sad in irl (as you probably knew because who would not) I'm going to make a proper marker on there grave, i kinda wish i buried him in his live plants substrate because then he would help it thrive oof ;-; Do you have any suggestion, not a tree though. Last time people asked for a tree which i wanted to do but i thought was to extra especially with my tiny yard. Boy do i wish i could turn my entire room into a cage and so while im on my bed next to me is a branch he crawls to but i feel like that would not only stress the chameleon out to much but the things in my room would be hazards :/ seems cool though like look at thisView attachment 290830

This guys animal died. It did not go to the closet to get UV this is a bad setup. If free range temp, UVB, and humidity still have to be in spec. And no bamboo

ya im really not surprised at all, like i said i think that free rhome cages look cool but hazardis

100% I have Open enclosures , they add very little to health. They are a huge health hazard and it must be accepted. A "chameleon safe room " still has many hazards. On top of this you still have to maintain their UVB humidity and temp. I enjoy it. I work from home so I can baby sit. It is enjoyable but be careful. I like the hybrid Idea. A large "free Range" around a regular cage. The cham can be free when you are home, but safe when you are gone.

Back
Top Bottom