crap crap crap

dont worry i am, I started my research yesterday and will stop in may, the month i would get it.
With respect Rango your research and learning about caring for any pet you have or plan to get should never end with oh I got my animal so no I can quit reading and researching about it. If this is your outlook on reptile keeping please refrain from getting any. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

Since you've got these other pets, I'd work on taking better care of them before adding another to the mix. Sounds like you've got some growing (maturing) of your own

Luffy is gonna come home may! fingers crossed he last a while! I wish there was a reptile simulator of some sorts that you could basically take care of like a real animal and if it dies then there is less guilt because it was never a real living animal, that would be great. (i get sad when my video game pets die though so i would probably still be sad haha)
Rango don't cross your fingers just make sure you have everything totally setup and know how to care for it backwards forwards upside down and inside out in other words give it the proper care and he'll live a long happy life.

Rango don't cross your fingers just make sure you have everything totally setup and know how to care for it backwards forwards upside down and inside out in other words give it the proper care and he'll live a long happy life.
srry bout that, probably should not have said cross my fingers he lasts a while. What i meant was cross my fingers that he does not come with any problems and stuff, that was a sucky thing to say.

Last edited:
srry bout that, probably should not have said cross my fingers he lasts a while. What i meant was cross my fingers that he does not come with any problems and stuff, that was a sucky thing to say.
That can be minimized by getting one from an experienced, knowledgeable, caring, and vetted breeder, which will cost more than Pet—, but will also come with assurances and after-sale advice & guidance.

But that's only half the story. You have a history of not caring for these animals properly, and no breeder in the world can make up for that.

Keeping these animals alive & healthy requires commitments of time and money—and lots of both.
I waited my entire lifetime until I knew I could commit to doing the job the right way.

It also takes a level of maturity, which from your posts, I think you lack at this time.

This was a Rollercoaster to read. RIP to that chameleon, I can now never unsee that poor little dudes face. Breaks my heart. 💔💔

I agree with everyone on here, just because you have the enclosure doesn't mean you should just stick another animal inside of it, especially another species. The husbandry was already wrong for a chameleon and sticking a created gecko in it will sadly result in the same way.
When purchasing an animal it's also a good idea to look at your surrounding area, ie. finding a vet for your animal. Even if you are purchasing from a place that flips animals you can still give it a happy life by taking it to a vet to be initially checked on.

It sounds like their minds are already made up about the next animal, so please please do your research. Reptiles, fish, amphibians, ect are tricky pets. While they are very rewarding and pretty easy to care for, everything in their habitats must be right in order for them to thrive and live a happy life in captivity.

With respect Rango your research and learning about caring for any pet you have or plan to get should never end with oh I got my animal so no I can quit reading and researching about it. If this is your outlook on reptile keeping please refrain from getting any. Best wishes on your future endeavors.
Please, please keep doing research. Theres always more to learn. I've had my little guy for 8 months now, and I still read, reread and find that there's more info to learn.

welp i said i did not want it to my parents :/ they don't want an animal to die they just want to help with all my sadness which is basically depression. I still told them no and they understand

I won't say what I want to say. You have been more than civil. I got my flingers crossed he doesn't end up getting one yet. Sorry, but there is no luck involved with raising any animal. It is proper care, every animal needs it and needs it daily. Even a plant needs proper care.
guess your wish came true😁

My chameleon has been wobbly lately and at the moment we are getting a fecal done, he was extra wobbly today and fell. He stunned himself a little and so then he fell again, i made sure to put him in a small enclosure so he cant fall but idk what to do, hes malnourished but im giving him extra calcium and stuff to help him perk up a little. Im worried he might pass because recently hes been very weak, literally a day ago he was so much stronger
Buy something to measure your uvb lighting output calcium is useless without vitamin D they also need vitamin A

i know im over exaggerating... but ive given up on my dumb dream of being a vet and i have for a while but this is the cherry on top. Im probably not going to get another animal for a while if not ever because of the stress of their death and the stress of taking care of them

i know im over exaggerating... but ive given up on my dumb dream of being a vet and i have for a while but this is the cherry on top. Im probably not going to get another animal for a while if not ever because of the stress of their death and the stress of taking care of them
Being a vet is an admirable career. Just do it realistically. Learn as much as you can before you start to care for something and take on the responsibility on their life.

i never have been good at taking care of animals... or persuaded to keep them alive now im persuaded but still bad at taking care of them

i never have been good at taking care of animals... or persuaded to keep them alive now im persuaded but still bad at taking care of them

Start with a bio-active. No animal. Just plants and isopods. You will be surprised how rewarding this can be. Once you are caring for and have a growing environment, then find the animal that best fits that.
But just plants and some isopods ,you can just collect some from outside. This is how we should learn to care for our animals. All of them. First learn to create and care for the proper environment, the the animal is easy.

i just feel even worse now because after beans died ive been so sad that i forgot there was even a venus flytrap in his cage, and even worse i did not have beans to remind me to spray the trap because every time i sprayed beans i sprayed venus... now im just killing everything.

Back
Top Bottom