building an enclosure

z0mbies fear me

So I have started building an enclosure in my basement and thought I'd put a few pics up now and put a few more up when I finish. I started on this Monday. I used marine grade plywood for the back wall and the bottom built the frame and coated all of the wood with rubberized coating ( think spray in truck bed liner) for extra waterproofing. Wrapped everything in screen and added some 2.5" casters so I can roll it outside if it ever warms up in Tennessee. Dimensions are : 48" wide by 30" deep by 73.5" tall

IMG_20130327_201948_715_zps748a7dc2.jpg

IMG_20130327_204151_543_zpsac472cf5.jpg

Will you have a misting setup or mist by hand? Overall it looks pretty good. Can't tell if you have substrate in there or not but that can cause impaction in chameleons if you aren't careful. What species will you keep in there?

I am building a misting system that will use four misting heads and pull the water from a heated 20 gallon aquarium. There is substrate in the enclosure however I planted some ground covering moss and it will not be used to house anything until the moss has had time to spread. It will be used for my male Jacksons.

Back
Top Bottom