Bad shed?

Discussion in 'Health Clinic' started by Darthroastcoffee, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Darthroastcoffee

Darthroastcoffee Avid Member

Ok cool thank you very much for the information. And I’m very sorry to hear that about your dog I hope he gets a happy long life you obviously care not a lot of people do.. I’m sure not on this forum!! but we all know it’s out there... thank you again for the help

CJ's Exotics and Fiona's Mom like this.
  2. Syreptyon

Syreptyon Avid Member

It covers up to $2,000 per incident/illness and up to $7,000 total per policy term (y)

3. Syreptyon

Syreptyon Avid Member

Taken from their website, "[The] exotic pet insurance plan covers accidents and illnesses as well as examinations, lab fees, prescriptions, X-rays, hospitalization and more."

4. Darthroastcoffee

But do you have to pay for it up front then send in the bill or they give a insurance card or something

5. Bmjo

Bmjo Member

I’m going to call about this. Does the price of it vary for different people

#25 Bmjo, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Darthroastcoffee likes this.
  6. Darthroastcoffee

ABAC644E-61D7-497C-B276-D752F1317503.jpeg I got a picture of the inside of his hand

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  7. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Chameleon Enthusiast

That doesn't look good. Have you scheduled an appointment?

8. Darthroastcoffee

They will take me in the same day I just have to pay for it up front I got denied for the pay credit they had. I’m trying I know I’m stupid I should of had the insurance by now seeing what’s happened to me in the past. Although this still wouldn’t be covered and I got him like this recently.. I was hoping he would do better having someone pay attention to him rather then be in the pet shop.. but as soon as I get the money I will be in the should be no later then Saturday unless there still open Friday night when I get paid

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  9. Darthroastcoffee

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  10. Darthroastcoffee

I don’t know what I did there I’m just going to leave it befor I make it worse haha

CJ's Exotics likes this.
  11. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Chameleon Enthusiast

Don't beat yourself up, just do the best you can! (y)

12. Darthroastcoffee

Hopefully he dont lose his toes

Fiona's Mom and CJ's Exotics like this.
  13. Fiona's Mom

Fiona's Mom Chameleon Enthusiast

Just got Lol Louie' s insurance policy today...I bought it 3/6/18 and it goes into effect 3/20/18. mine was 84.00 a year or 9.00 a month.

14. Darthroastcoffee

O that’s not to long of a wait. Thanks for the info. And it’s 84.00 for the year or 9.00 a month for each right? For me with my chameleons and monitors, that will be about 756 a year or 81 a month I have to do 9

15. Darthroastcoffee

I wonder if they will charge more for monitor lizards

16. Kristen99

Kristen99 Avid Member

I have the same policy for Reptar! Totally worth it. :)

17. Fiona's Mom

Fiona's Mom Chameleon Enthusiast

They might give a discount if you insure multiple pets...ask @jannb she has it on hers.

18. jannb

jannb Chameleon Enthusiast

It may be a little more for your monitor. My green Iguana is $11.00 a month and my chameleons are $8.00 a month but I get a discount for multi pets and a discount for paying yearly instead of monthly. I highly recommend insurance to all that does not have it.

19. Graves923

Graves923 Avid Member

After reading this thread I think I will be investing in exotic pet insurance for my chameleon and a few other pets in my little zoo of an apartment lol. Knock on wood, so far I havent had any major medical emergencies with my critters.

Anyway, I hope your chams foot heals up good! Keep us updated, please.

20. Darthroastcoffee

Thank you everyone the info helps ease my mind. I really appreciate it every bit helps! I will definitely keep the situation updated I’m trying to get this all done at once for all my reptiles. But I will be taking this guy to the vet ASAP when that happens I’ll post everything I find out... hopefully won’t be to bad it doesn’t look to be getting any worse doesn’t look any better tho either.. his toes are still looking ok tho that’s a good sign

Fiona's Mom and CJ's Exotics like this.