Bad shed?

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
I recently picked up a nosy be from a petshop near my house he had a black line on his toes on his back foot. It concerned me I said something and he just kept saying it was a bad shed. but it’s been about 2 weeks and it looks to be the same I constantly check on it but it is looking a little swollen I don’t know what I can do to maybe help it heal?? If anyone has any ideas please just post! Thanks
3A45B451-7B1C-4632-817C-3E4C37F8539B.jpeg
2516AF63-B07D-4284-A615-9AF3403BB384.jpeg

Looks like dead tissue, it could of been caused by a bad shed. Hopefully one of the forum experts comment and give you some advise. My advise as a novice would be take it to a vet.

Yea he walks just fine he still won’t let me hold him yet so I don’t know how his grip is but he does good I just got a little bit concerned because it looked like it was getting a little swollen but I don’t have the money to take him to the vet right this second that’s why I been making sure it wasn’t getting worse I was maybe seeing if anyone had any tips that will keep it from getting worse until I can take him up?? I’ve been looking into pet insurance but I didn’t really figure that out it seem most places dont cover reptiles...

Just be aware that it takes a couple of weeks for your insurance plan to activate (took mine about 3 I believe), so unfortunately that may not be a quick fix. Definitely a good long term choice, though. All my friends think I'm a nut for insuring my chameleon, but they've never seen an exotics pet bill before :rolleyes:

Nationwide does! I just got my panther cham covered recently, It cost me $81 for an entire year (you can also do $9/month). You have to call a phone number and ask about exotics, though. Super worth it

What all does that insurance cover though? Does it cover checkups, blood testing, fecal tests... you know, the normal things? Or does it only cover something major like a surgery or something? I was recently at the vet a couple months ago and it cost me almost $400. Pet insurance definitely would have been nice.

Just be aware that it takes a couple of weeks for your insurance plan to activate (took mine about 3 I believe), so unfortunately that may not be a quick fix. Definitely a good long term choice, though. All my friends think I'm a nut for insuring my chameleon, but they've never seen an exotics pet bill before :rolleyes:

I hear you I had my panther chameleon 2 days and he had a prolapse that was 500 dollars after spending 400 on him... it was just a mess but he’s doin good! I been lookin into pet insurance since then If I have to pay cash for this last visit tho it’s no big deal it shouldn’t be to much for that just have to wait for my paycheck...

And I was thinking the same thing with the toes there still alive looking I’m definitely goin to try to get him in the vet in the next couple of days I got to get the money and/ or the insurance
There is a waiting period before the insurance goes into effect...I think a month or two...I know because I just got it for my baby veiled.

I wonder if thay do that so you can’t treat existing problems it said something about they don’t cover pre existing illnesses or wounds

Yep...I asked about pre-existing because I have a dog with a condition that cost me a bunch in meds each month plus special food and he is only two.

And they won’t even cover that?.. that’s crazy you would think they would cover medicines especially if you have to buy them monthly that’s a bit messed up at that point

Is your dog getting better?
He will always have this condition...we just have to adjust his medicine or change his food and medicine. His liver makes too much bile and different foods can make it worse...he has to eat twice a day and if there is too much time between feedings he throws up bile. He started at 6 mo. with this and there is no cure.

Last edited:
He will always have this condition...we just have to adjust his medicine or change his food and medicine. His liver makes too much bile and different foods can make it worse...he has to eat twice a day and if there is too much time between feedings he throws up bile. He stated at 6 mo. with this and there is no cure.
Praying for you guys! At least you can get him the medications and help he needs!

Back
Top Bottom