Chameleon has weak grip

So I would personally not allow the dewormer... Calcium shot they may be thinking he is deficient. If they took an xray that would indicate a need for increased calcium without D3 to strengthen the bones... But I would have them do an xray first to see if there is an issue. I have seen them prescribe an oral liquid calcium for this to strengthen the bones. Why antibiotics? Are they suspecting something or hearing an issue with breathing? What did they say about the bump?
No, they did not indicate a problem with breathing. They said they were ruling out possibilities. They didn’t say much about the bump. The dr. Said she wasn’t going to do a biopsy because they didn’t want to put him under. They also said he has a swollen ankle which would indicate gout. They did not take an x-ray however if his blood work comes back normal I would definitely get some.

No, they did not indicate a problem with breathing. They said they were ruling out possibilities. They didn’t say much about the bump. The dr. Said she wasn’t going to do a biopsy because they didn’t want to put him under. They also said he has a swollen ankle which would indicate gout. They did not take an x-ray however if his blood work comes back normal I would definitely get some.
Well I am not one that believes in medicating if you do not have an actual reason. Reason being is medications can be hard on their system and organ function. Not to mention the stress on the animal of giving it. So I do not allow my vet to give anything unless there is a real indication of needing it. Ruling out possibilities is not a reason for giving meds or shots in my opinion. It is just running the risk of overloading an already compromised chameleon which can cause more harm than good most of the time.

Crazy that they did nothing for the bump when that was the main cause for concern...

So see what comes back with the blood work. But if they say he is healthy it means that whatever is going on with the bumps is not effecting blood work and should be looked at further with a biopsy to rule out tumor or other diseases.

So I would personally not allow the dewormer... Calcium shot they may be thinking he is deficient. If they took an xray that would indicate a need for increased calcium without D3 to strengthen the bones... But I would have them do an xray first to see if there is an issue. I have seen them prescribe an oral liquid calcium for this to strengthen the bones. Why antibiotics? Are they suspecting something or hearing an issue with breathing? What did they say about the bump?
Agree here-you need a diagnosis before treating! They should wait on blood results.

For example-if there are kidney issues certain antibiotics would be contraindicated. And of course he should be checked for worms (fecal) before using a wormer.

I BELIEVE but not certain that gout would show up in bloodwork as increased uric acid as it does in birds. In that case, an X-ray might be warranted.

Agree here-you need a diagnosis before treating! They should wait on blood results.

For example-if there are kidney issues certain antibiotics would be contraindicated. And of course he should be checked for worms (fecal) before using a wormer.

I BELIEVE but not certain that gout would show up in bloodwork as increased uric acid as it does in birds. In that case, an X-ray might be warranted.
Thank you, I called them yesterday and the bloodwork came back. The Dr. Just needs to look at it so I should get a call today.

Hello,
I am very annoyed at the vet I took him to because I was told I would hear back from them on Tuesday. Then Wednesday. And then this morning, they still haven’t gotten back to me even though they have had his results since Tuesday. I finally just asked for them to send me his bloodwork. If they don’t get back to me very soon I will be sending him to a different vet. His blood work is attached anyone knows how to interpret it to give me an idea as to something that might be wrong please let me know!

Attachments

• 0E1DCE43-B1C0-4280-A9B9-32D9DC1FFD47.jpeg
    0E1DCE43-B1C0-4280-A9B9-32D9DC1FFD47.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 0DBF1B11-8563-48D8-AD23-D80C5635D0E3.jpeg
    0DBF1B11-8563-48D8-AD23-D80C5635D0E3.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 12
Wish I could tell you if the results are good or not. Only one I can tell is the calcium to phosphorous ratio is good. There are not enough chameleon blood test results on the net that I can find for me to be sure about anything else. Sorry.

Hello,
I am very annoyed at the vet I took him to because I was told I would hear back from them on Tuesday. Then Wednesday. And then this morning, they still haven’t gotten back to me even though they have had his results since Tuesday. I finally just asked for them to send me his bloodwork. If they don’t get back to me very soon I will be sending him to a different vet. His blood work is attached anyone knows how to interpret it to give me an idea as to something that might be wrong please let me know!
I see results but not reference ranges, Was there anything else on the report?

Back
Top Bottom