Baby Brevs finally hatched!!

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
After 84 days incubating I had just about given up. I candled the eggs just two days before they hatched and only saw a small dark sliver and one tiny blood vessel in just one egg. I was thinking by that time it would be body filling the whole egg, like with birds. But apparently not! The first one hatched in the evening and the other two hatched the next morning at the same time. I squealed with joy for 3 solid days!!

The eggs incubated at an average of 66-69 degrees for the first month, 70-73 degrees for the second month and 73-76 degrees for the third month as seasons changed here.

After 3 days they started eating fruit flies with gusto. I've never seen tongues that small!! Cutest little things EVER!!

PICTURES!
full

full

full

full

Momma Octavia looking down on her new little boy:
full

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
woohoo!!!....micro babies!!!!:p:cool:

congrats and goodluck with them, pygmies look intersting

Brev's are so tiny, then to see Momma looking down on the baby.:) What a tiny little scrap. It doesn't get much cuter than that. Congratulations, you will do great with them.

Congrats! They are so freaking cute! It is so amazing to see them so small next to mom, and she is so tiny to begin with. Good Luck with them.

They are so CUUTTEEE!! The first cham I ever had was a Brev. His name was Durt..lol.....now that I am getting back into them and my daughter is very intrigued I was thinking about getting a couple and naming them Teeny and Tiny....:p

Congrads on your cutie pies...

Thanks, I adore them! They're my first successful incubation attempt. This species is a lot of fun to watch imo and I bet your daughter would love them. :)

Had a little surprise today! Went to mist the parents of my babies and noticed a brand new little hatchling at the top!! I knew Octavia had laid eggs but their incubation time was much shorter this time so I wasn't even looking for them yet. Unfortunately as soon as I saw that little one hiding at the top I also noticed his sibling hanging out of mom's mouth...he didn't make it. :( I just didn't get them out fast enough and I feel really bad about it. I'll be watching very closely the next few days for any more that hatch!

Of course they were both boys...I just rehomed one of the older boy babies to a friend of mine because I only have one more tank I can use and blast it all I keep getting boys! Can't keep boys together and can't keep any brothers in the with the one little girl I got. I want to keep them all and it's just not working out that way!

Had a little surprise today! Went to mist the parents of my babies and noticed a brand new little hatchling at the top!! I knew Octavia had laid eggs but their incubation time was much shorter this time so I wasn't even looking for them yet. Unfortunately as soon as I saw that little one hiding at the top I also noticed his sibling hanging out of mom's mouth...he didn't make it. :( I just didn't get them out fast enough and I feel really bad about it. I'll be watching very closely the next few days for any more that hatch!

Of course they were both boys...I just rehomed one of the older boy babies to a friend of mine because I only have one more tank I can use and blast it all I keep getting boys! Can't keep boys together and can't keep any brothers in the with the one little girl I got. I want to keep them all and it's just not working out that way!
Thats really sad, Sorry to hear about that:( since my baby chams were hatched i have been scared of their dad getting at them cause his free range is by their cage.:eek:

awee im sorry for you ): but atleast you got one still :) and hopefully more to come! mine have never even bred -_- i have two females and a male ):

They are so cute! I love looking a little pygmys. Poor little guy =[[ I wouldnt be able to watch my baby getting eaten.

Family photo! Meelo, now 3 months old, in the front, the newest baby only a week old in the back on top of daddy Tiberius. I really wanted them in a row to see the different sizes but none of them were cooperating. And all of them buzzed every time I tried to move them. :D

full

Everyone is growing and doing great! Eating like crazy and the older ones have all decided on their predominant patterns. Meelo (boy) is splotchy usually, Leena (girl) is usually solid green, and the one I gave to a friend of mine is usually stripey. The littlest one hasn't started playing with patterns yet. They're still just cute as can be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great picture -- better than a "line up" IMO. How do you have them set up (are they all seperate, some together)?

Back
Top Bottom