BABIES! Oscar and Loretta babies!

ferretinmyshoes

Veterinarian
Staff member
I am sad to miss out on Daytona but my house is now much more exciting! This is my first ever clutch of panther eggs between my much adored Oscar and super sweet Loretta. They were laid Jan 13 this year and the first baby hatched yesterday!! When I left for work the egg was slit and it was everything I could do not to take the egg with me to watch! No warning, no sweating or anything - Thursday all the eggs looked the same and Friday this egg shrunk and split. And when I got home there was a perfect little neonate perching on the stick I left in the incubator. I can't believe how tiny baby panthers are!! It hatched with a little umbilical nubbin that shrunk down to nearly nothing overnight. Time to make baby bins while awaiting the other 14 eggs! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D :D

Sure! Here is Oscar (the sire) - he has a variety of color phases but these are pretty normal for resting:

full

When he fires up he gets a lot of yellow and orange and some black stripes on his face. Oscar is grandson to Isairy-mifidy of the Kammer lines.

Here's is Loretta's sire (not my picture, compliments of Suzi):
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom