BABIES! Oscar and Loretta babies!

So I have babies coming out my ears now! My second clutch of eggs started hatching too. :) The older babies have been separated into same size groups of 4 or 5 in 18x18x36" cages and are doing great. There are 3 or 4 of them growing like weeds compared to the others. Here is one of the nearly two month old babies with a new hatchling.

e9fccbbd29fabce1e5df932675f44fab_zpsc0168aa8.jpg

I just wanted them to sit side by side but they weren't very cooperative.

'Bout time we had an update!:p Nice to see that the first clutch is doing well and the second clutch has started to hatch.:)

What are you going to do with all of them!? I am assuming sell them???

I'm keeping one from each clutch and the rest are going to need good homes! My boss is super excited to get one and a few coworkers are very interested but then everyone else is going to be up for grabs. ;) They're starting to show just little flashes of blues and greens on their heads from time to time and very red throat when a sibling gets too close. They're so funny to watch!

The hardest thing when being a casual and new cham owner (I'm talking about me) to do is not succumb to the intense cuteness of these babies and want to breed them LOL.

We should have a rent-a-baby program. Man they are just sooooo adorable.

Haha, rent-a-baby program would be very smart to bring people back to reality. ;) I've been keeping for quite a while and this is my first breeding effort. They are absurdly cute, and man can they eat! Going through feeders like water...

Congrats on all the babies! What a cute photo and such a size difference. :eek: The two month old looks fat and healthy. :)

Look at the pretty colors just starting to show! These are robust little babies. My husband has taken to call them the "beefies" and has dubbed the biggest one "Captain Beefers".

Back
Top Bottom