BABIES! Oscar and Loretta babies!

12 babies out! And 2 of the 3 remaining eggs are split. There were 15 eggs in this clutch. No one is terribly interested in eating just yet but I keep dumping a bunch of ff in there in case.

Amazing! I don't know how you can tear yourself away to go to work. It must be so hard to leave the house. Bet you just want to stare at them all day don't you!
Congrats!

Thanks all! It is definitely hard to be at work all day and my husband knows where to find me when I am home. ;) It's so hard to get good pictures of them because they're so tiny. You have to zoom in so far and then the field of focus is so shallow. I'm not great with the fancy camera yet anyway so there have been lots of deleted photos. :p

I had 100% hatch rate and yesterday finally saw all 15 babies at the same time. And I saw several of them eat yesterday! More pictures to come I'm sure.

All 15 babies are doing great! I had to separate them into two bins because there was some 'angry mittens' action (that's what I call it when they hold up a little foot like it's intimidating) and half of them were larger than the other half. It's so hard to know if they're getting enough food or not with so many of them in such a big bin. I just keeping dumping the ff in and lots of poops are being made so it must be working! Cleaning out the bin creating some good photo ops. :D

That's awesome Dayna! I'm glad to hear they all hatched (no surprise though :p) Baby chams are the cutest things in the world. I like how their eyes practically start out full grown and then the rest grows to match haha. At least thats how it looks.

OMG, they are so darn cute, and great pics......I don't think I would ever be able to get any work done with them around.

Back
Top Bottom