Aspen poles

No, there is no sap. I’m wondering if aspen dowels from Home Depot can be used to build a framework inside the reptibreeze to attach his branches and vines to.

I have to move Ricki to a temporary enclosure to fix some problems with his DS Hybrid atrium.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I’ve decided to go with either vinyl lattice or ceiling egg crate lattice. 👍
I've used egg crate on my floor & half of back wall. My male panther seems to like climbing it, so next enclosure, I'm planning on using it on both sides and the entire back wall (as well as the floor). It just works so well for anchoring/supporting branches & dowels, climbing vines, and even attaching small pots (haven't tried anything larger than 5" yet).

Should be fine just keep in mind dowels really are not recommended for them. Real branches are better as they provide consistent different gripping sizes. Dowels can get nasty, soak up moisture, mold, and can break down over time more quickly.
I didn’t know that. Thank you.
A few coats of polyurethane prevents the breakdown, and I haven't found any problems with dowels, bamboo, or the oft-overlooked plastic-coated steel garden stakes (plug cut ends with silicone).

1632489184161.png

If it's a concern, you can prep the dowels by giving them a squeeze every 3" or so with the pipe grip section of a pair of pliers—enough to make an impression, but not so much as to crush the dowel.

Alternatives include decorative dowels, different dia. dowels, and wrapping dowels with cham-safe string/wire.
1632489742517.png

Source: https://mybrightideasblog.com/make-...tcher-spinner-garden-decoration-wooden-dowel/

A few coats of polyurethane prevents the breakdown, and I haven't found any problems with dowels, bamboo, or the oft-overlooked plastic-coated steel garden stakes (plug cut ends with silicone).

View attachment 310724
If it's a concern, you can prep the dowels by giving them a squeeze every 3" or so with the pipe grip section of a pair of pliers—enough to make an impression, but not so much as to crush the dowel.

Alternatives include decorative dowels, different dia. dowels, and wrapping dowels with cham-safe string/wire.
View attachment 310725
Source: https://mybrightideasblog.com/make-...tcher-spinner-garden-decoration-wooden-dowel/
BINGO!! Love the idea of the plastic-coated garden stakes. 👍

Back
Top Bottom