Humidity and misters

Flick boy

Avid Member
I used plastic coated twisty plant ties for my for my 2 main structural pieces
 

Attachments

  • 20201204_184002.jpg
    20201204_184002.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 10
The middle stick goes right down into a jasmine plant pot and is also zip-tied to the jasmine support frame

Interesting. I was going to buy some plastic lattice from Home Depot or something but its like 60 bucks a sheet right now and only needing a little bit of it just wasn't worth it, but making my own out of branches and zip ties and utilizing the planting pots to help anchor it is an awesome idea. Just that in itself just gave me a whole load of things I can try with hanging the little plants and connecting other branches.
 
Just an update. Here is Landos new and improved enclosure. I took suggestions and gave ways for him to move to every corner, top to bottom with a ton a vertical and horizontals. l and used some partial designs that I saw in others pics and came up with this. Landos new misterking should be here tomorrow. Once all of the vine and creeper plants I put in get longer then ill be taking out the fake vine. He is roaming around his new digs and seems to love all the new hunting and hiding places. Tomorrow I should be able to get good readings for temps and humidity but I don't think I'll have any problems now. Thanks everyone for your help and expertise.
20201206_131150.jpg
20201206_160614.jpg
20201206_160620.jpg
20201206_160627.jpg
20201206_160652.jpg
20201206_160734.jpg
20201206_160641.jpg
20201206_160712.jpg
 
Looking good 👍

Thanks. After I posted i realized that I had a package at my door and it was the mister. So that's installed now too. Now I can sit back and just watch him roam. Also, I got him to eat a hornworm out of my hand yesterday. To pissed at me today to do it but it seems hornworms are his cryptonite.
 

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
Interesting. I was going to buy some plastic lattice from Home Depot or something but its like 60 bucks a sheet right now and only needing a little bit of it just wasn't worth it, but making my own out of branches and zip ties and utilizing the planting pots to help anchor it is an awesome idea. Just that in itself just gave me a whole load of things I can try with hanging the little plants and connecting other branches.
Sky11 built an interesting lattice out of dowels.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/uvb-light-fixture.179591/#post-1622228 (second picture).

I used a piece of ceiling egg crate against my back wall for the climbing vines.
More easily seen here in an early picture.
1607436472459.jpeg
 
Sky11 built an interesting lattice out of dowels.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/uvb-light-fixture.179591/#post-1622228 (second picture).

I used a piece of ceiling egg crate against my back wall for the climbing vines.
More easily seen here in an early picture.
View attachment 284845
I was going to use dragon strands as you have but I have spent soooo much money on this enclosure already that I figured I could make my own or make my own lattice but the cost of branches in the pet store is ridiculous. Since I live in East Tennessee with a bunch of hardwood trees in my back yard, putting a couple of hours of work finding, measuring, debarking, sanding, cooking, and zip tying together saved me a couple of hundred dollars just in sticks. Plus I needed a weekend project.
 
Top Bottom