Rack stand

I can’t find the exact one I have from Home Depot. I bought in the store. It splits like the one you mentioned in your previous post but it has all metal shelves like this one I’ve attached. I quite like mine and love that it splits into two shelves.

Attachments

• IMG_8751.png
    IMG_8751.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 28
Would this stand work to house Brookesia enclosures? I don’t intend to use the full hight. I wonder if I can cut the poles?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Muscle-...-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-18-in-D-UR-185PBB/305553549
I have a couple of Muscle racks very similar to those. They’re okay, but the particle board shelves have warped a bit from moisture that got thru the barriers I put. I have one that is wire shelves that is much nicer. Unfortunately when I bought it, it was only available in red. I have both split to make 2 separate units.

I have a couple of Muscle racks very similar to those. They’re okay, but the particle board shelves have warped a bit from moisture that got thru the barriers I put. I have one that is wire shelves that is much nicer. Unfortunately when I bought it, it was only available in red. I have both split to make 2 separate units.
I have remembered a lot of aquarium keeper use this, they replaced the board with real wood treated. Perhaps I do the same. I didn’t think I be in the same situation with the board. 😅

I've got a zoomed 40 gal ~36x18x18 on a wire shelf. Won't get anything in it other than plants for a while though. The tank is sitting on it's plastic trim bits and not the glass. It's a lot more stable than it looks, but when I move again I'll try and find one with actual pins.

I've got a zoomed 40 gal ~36x18x18 on a wire shelf. Won't get anything in it other than plants for a while though. The tank is sitting on its plastic trim bits and not the glass. It's a lot more stable than it looks, but when I move again I'll try and find one with actual pins.
That was I was aiming for, actually I might do 2 18x18x24 for each racks.

Would this stand work to house Brookesia enclosures? I don’t intend to use the full hight. I wonder if I can cut the poles?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Muscle-...-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-18-in-D-UR-185PBB/305553549
Hey there! I think using the stand, for Brookesia enclosures is an idea especially if you're looking to save space. The stand you shared looks pretty solid which is important for keeping your enclosures safe. As for cutting the poles it should be doable with the tools like a pipe cutter or hacksaw. Just make sure to be cautious and maintain stability and levelness of the stand after making modifications. It might also be wise to check if adjusting the height affects the strength or warranty of the stand. Best of luck, with your setup!

Back
Top Bottom