Large indoor enclosure

NAUSEATE

Established Member
Hello everyone, I was planning on housing my future 5 month old Panthers outdoors, but also wanted somewhere to keep them indoors at night. I made a custom wire shelving unit by combining a large 36"x 72" unit with wheels and a smaller 18"x18" unit without wheels. This resulted in a 72"H x 70" W x 18"D enclosure which was divided in half using corrugated plastic sheeting normally used for car ports. Plastic fencing was used and held in place by many zip-ties. I have made a simple rain/drip system using a black plastic tote, a $20 fountain pump, and irrigation tubing and parts I had from my garden. The fogger was made using a waterproof tote, PVC piping, 10-head ultrasonic pond mister, and a computer fan. All plants are real except the 5' ficus trees on the ends. Had planned to let the chameleons sleep on these trees, but this plan resulted in this large enclosure. For lighting, I am running a 36" dual bulb housing with one T5 plant light and one T5 Arcadia 6.0. basking bulbs are incandescent 60W bulbs but plan to switch them out to all-in-one bulbs to provide UVB the entire lenght of the enclosure. Would the 36" uvb bulb be enough, or should I add the all-in-one bulbs? As of right now, I am still playing with finding the correct placement for the basking site. Running high 80s, so have a few degrees I need to drop but should be ready when the Chameleons get to me. I still plan to add more branches and vines, have just been planning how I would get to my PVC fogger pipes for cleaning if blocked in by branches. The fogger will be run at night and with the lowest fan speed. I turned the fogger fan up a bit for the video, and over rode the timer on the dripper. This link will take you to the outdoor enclosures I have set up if interested in taking a look:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/outdoor-panther-enclosures.179691/

Here is the youtube link to view the enclosure. Also sorry for the lack of audio, new camera set up im still trying to figure out:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom