Picture of Eustis in his new 2x2x4 enclosure.

Here’s another picture with all his new dowels put in at various angles as well as straight across. The highest dowel is 9 inches down from uvb and basking lights. I think his back will be about 7-71/2 inches below the lights. Is that ok?

Attachments

• F3B37637-00CA-4406-85C9-7AFD757624A1.jpeg
    F3B37637-00CA-4406-85C9-7AFD757624A1.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 146
Here’s another picture with all his new dowels put in at various angles as well as straight across. The highest dowel is 9 inches down from uvb and basking lights. I think his back will be about 7-71/2 inches below the lights. Is that ok?
That distance from highest dowel to UVB bulb is great! Have you come across any pothos, philodendron, or wandering jew?

Nice job on the dowels! He’s able to use so much more of his enclosure now.

Thanks guys! I can’t find a spider plant or a pathos anywhere! I might have seen some bromilead but they were too big to hang in my enclosure or too heavy I should say. I did get a California fan ivy and a dorado plant. I need to transplant them into organic soil then they will go in.

Thanks guys! I can’t find a spider plant or a pathos anywhere! I might have seen some bromilead but they were too big to hang in my enclosure or too heavy I should say. I did get a California fan ivy and a dorado plant. I need to transplant them into organic soil then they will go in.
The dorado plant is a dracaena, and IIRC, most dracanas are fine.

I'm not sure about California fan ivy (a.k.a. English Ivy); I had one for a while, but I couldn't get a definitive answer so I removed it. It wasn't doing spectacularly anyway. Here's an archive search.

Ok, here ya go. I got a mass cane, finally a tree that goes above his basking branch! It came with two ? Pathos in the pot with it. I will take a pick of the ?pothos later and maybe someone can tell me if it is pothos or philodendron. I repotted them all and put the ?pothos in separate pots. I drilled holes in the floor of my cage. I took everything out except the branch Eustis was on and then put all the plants in and arranged all the branches/dowels in place then added the sansi light. Does it look okay now? I worked really hard today on this So I hope I’ve got it right now.

Attachments

• E22A19B9-2E61-4D1A-B426-493A0B5A3063.jpeg
    E22A19B9-2E61-4D1A-B426-493A0B5A3063.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 123
Thank you! Still haven’t got my mist king up yet. I found out when reading the directions I have to have this metal or plastic plate thing to put where the misting thing goes through the screen. Why don’t they include these things???

I would place the UVB bulb parallel with the basking branch so it goes over the whole branch. It looks wonderful, you’ve done a great job!

No problem, the UVB bulb should be rotated 90* so it’s going in the same direction as your basking branch EDDF3714-13E7-4F57-A2EE-35AD04DDCDEC.jpeg

Thank you! Still haven’t got my mist king up yet. I found out when reading the directions I have to have this metal or plastic plate thing to put where the misting thing goes through the screen. Why don’t they include these things???

You're absolutely right—they should have included one. I could've sworn there was one on mine, but I could be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom