lowering humidity

I do not have anything for my panther chameleon yet and the place i am going to place him has a a natural humidity of 70% and i feel that when i set up the mister, dripper, and plants it will still be too high
is there a recommended way to lower the humidity for the daytime because i feel as if the humidity will be good for night time.

You will want to have a room dehumidifier to run during the day. This will bring the humidity down quite a bit if you buy a good one. I ran a 30 pint room dehumidifier and it could pull down the levels easily 20-30%.

You will want to have a room dehumidifier to run during the day. This will bring the humidity down quite a bit if you buy a good one. I ran a 30 pint room dehumidifier and it could pull down the levels easily 20-30%.
That's what i thought but we were not sure thank you.

Keep in mind there are many factors that are going to determine the humidity inside the actual enclosure. humidity changes drastically just outside Spikes Enclosure, and even on different parts of the inside.

For example, the humidity at the top of my enclosure is considerably lower than the middle, and bottom.

I think before you do anything else, you should set everything up as it's going to be (without your chameleon), with all the plants and all, and then start recording humidity inside the actual enclosure first.

This way you can get a gauge as to what that humidity will actually be like for him. Especially with the basking light at the top of the enclosure, the top will likely be lower, and you do still want that gradient of lower temps / higher humidity as you go down in the enclosure.

I think it would be a good idea to just see where you're actually at inside the enclosure before you do anything. This way you'll know just how much you really need to change.

Another idea is small fans(some of use use small pc fans that are almost silent ) just to keep mildew down. If you cant lower the humidity, at least you can keep mold growth down.

Keep in mind there are many factors that are going to determine the humidity inside the actual enclosure. humidity changes drastically just outside Spikes Enclosure, and even on different parts of the inside.

For example, the humidity at the top of my enclosure is considerably lower than the middle, and bottom.

I think before you do anything else, you should set everything up as it's going to be (without your chameleon), with all the plants and all, and then start recording humidity inside the actual enclosure first.

This way you can get a gauge as to what that humidity will actually be like for him. Especially with the basking light at the top of the enclosure, the top will likely be lower, and you do still want that gradient of lower temps / higher humidity as you go down in the enclosure.

I think it would be a good idea to just see where you're actually at inside the enclosure before you do anything. This way you'll know just how much you really need to change.
If their house humidity is running 70% then the enclosure will actually sit higher. For high ambient house humidity environments running a dehumidifier is the only way to get that ambient house humidity to drop in the room so that the cage is not extremely high during daytime.

If their house humidity is running 70% then the enclosure will actually sit higher. For high ambient house humidity environments running a dehumidifier is the only way to get that ambient house humidity to drop in the room so that the cage is not extremely high during daytime.
True, now that I read it again, I was thinking they were simply saying their outdoor environment is in that range, but it sounds more like the actual space where the enclosure is going to be is at that range. 🙃

Back
Top Bottom