You know you are a chamleon owner if you

Dabugman

Newbie here…I have had my 4 month old ambilobe, Mr. Smokey, for a month now, and with my experiences and combing these forums, I already feel like a part of the community because I can identify with so much of what is discussed in one way or another. To all of you contributors, thank you so much for sharing your experience and expertise.

Just for fun, here’s my first few entries for…

You know you are a chameleon owner if you:

• Need to explain to your spouse why you just spent $37 for a box containing hornworms, reptiworms and superworms, because your little guy likes variety
• Take genuine pleasure in seeing good healthy poops
• Want to order some blue bottle fly pupae, but first you need to figure out a strategy to convince your spouse to allow them to be kept in the refrigerator
• See a thread on the chameleon forum sharing the loss of loved chameleon and you join in with about 30 other owners, each expressing condolence and sympathy with true empathy because you understand the connection you have with your little guy as a result of all the responsibility, worry, angst, time, expense, fun, fascination and enormous pleasure you derive in the relationship, and how each of our pets has such a unique personality
• Know the geography of Madagascar better than many areas of your own country
• Must manage a world of cages, plants, lighting, temperature and humidity levels, misting, dripping, numerous different feeder bugs, gut loading said bugs, supplements, cleaning and health issues…and you are thinking about getting another cham to add to the madness because they are just so incredible

Please feel free to add your own…:D

OMG!! It's all so true:eek:

How about.. Trying to convince your friends to come back over to your house after they find out that you breed roaches in your den because its cheaper then buying them

Obsessively rant about your Cham(s) and the cute new thing they did to your friends and family who don't give a rats ass about your Chameleon(s). :p

Mine too! What's sad is it doesn't even fit all their stuff any more!

This is information that we don't need to share with our husbands. Mine is a nut about "that stuff" in "his" frig. Good that he doesn't know all the others places i have "lizard crap".;);)

If your fiance thanks you for making her a fruit salad then you have to explain that they are for your roaches. Haha

You get mad over dead bugs.
Any little movement or spot you see out of the corner of your eye you think is a cricket.
These forums are your new Facebook.

You will drive two hours to a reptile show but not visit a sibling that is one hour away.

hahaha and i like the facebook one.

i set up little egg carton sentry towers around the room for wandering crickets to hide under. hahaha
disguising a cricket incubating container in a flower pot

i dont know if it counts LoL
...but when you take 3days off work to tend to a sick Cham,
....the pet store with feeders know you by name and has 4inches ready when they see your car pull in....

You dont stay out as late as you once did. So you can get up on time and take care of the chams on the weekend. ;)

Your out stomping around in sticker bushes and poison ivy vines looking for wc bugs to feed to your lizards for added nutrition and variety. ;)

You dont stay out as late as you once did. So you can get up on time and take care of the chams on the weekend. ;)

Your out stomping around in sticker bushes and poison ivy vines looking for wc bugs to feed to your lizards for added nutrition and variety. ;)

Or when you suck it up after a news years eve party and get out of bed to mist and feed

you spend 2 hours staring at a plant you cham is hiding in.

you take great pleasure in watching another creature getting eaten.

Back
Top Bottom