Its been a while so heres an update

Hashtag ChamLife

Avid Member
I've had about 3 clutches hatch in short order. They were laid a few months apart but all seemed to hatch within weeks of each other.

I've sold most of the first clutch of faly - though thats not why I'm posting. I'd like to add a word to potential breeders and simply put "its not as easy as it seems". Its been a LOT of work and really quite rewarding if you're into that. Cost investment is also quite a bit. I currently have about 16 cages set up, 6 or so t5ho 48" etc. Feeder cost is high if you can't breed and/or catch your own.

All that said, this has been a fantastic ride for me and us. My wife has gotten on board and we had quite a bit of fun. Between cage design, bugs, and experiments its been quite an adventure. Id say I have about 60 or so "babies" and maybe 6 juvy hold backs.

I've also lost my beloved female who was my very first cham and it broke my heart - nearly causing me to leave the hobby. Its most definitely a Rollercoaster.

Here are some photos of my babies and hold backs:

received_435151564563000.jpeg received_146048206963726.jpeg received_1695435147295045.jpeg received_3513696018706378.jpeg received_143610737208765.jpeg received_682344732479417.jpeg 20201213_125731.jpg

Few different clutches - some have lineage to "Natgeo" from Frank Payne.

I'm still here! Can't stay away!

Once a female gets into calcium issues it isn't easy to keep her out of them unless you keep he diet and temperatures strict and pay lots of attention to nutrient balance usually.

I'm still here! Can't stay away!

Once a female gets into calcium issues it isn't easy to keep her out of them unless you keep he diet and temperatures strict and pay lots of attention to nutrient balance usually.
Oh trust me, she was my first and my love. Late last year I had to take an emergency trip and left her in the care of someone else for about 6 days and came back to her rapid decline. Truly a miserable experience. It really made me question if I wanted to continue keeping. If not for the fact I was able to get 2 females (from different sires) from her, I'm not sure i would've kept at it. But nothing like your first cham having MBD to teach you to read up on Kinyonga posts!! Your articles and cham experience has really shaped the keeper I've become, so thanks. Hope these others are paying attention to you!

Back
Top Bottom