why is my chameleon so little?

LittleApollo

My female sambava Eris is 7 months old and only 3 inches snout to vent. I got a scale today and she is only 10 grams. I feed her around 8 half inch crickets everyday. Her basking spot stays around 80 degrees.

Also whenever my girlfriend holds her she scares the poop out of her. The last few times my girlfriend has held Eris she pooped on her. Is that normal? My girlfriend has decided to stop holding her just in case it's causing her to stress out too much.

And here is a bad cell phone picture

5a62e265.jpg

well if you got her at the same size, then this is one odd one...

if you got her at 1 day old, then maybe the size could be accurate

From my girlfriend as a christmas present.

edit:She bought him from a breeder in So-Cal. But I'm not exactly sure from who.

Can i ask were you obtained your chameleon?

Sounds like another small 7/8 month old Sambava being discussed on the forum: https://www.chameleonforums.com/isis-isnt-pink-37620/

Where did you get her from?

Chris

From my girlfriend as a christmas present.

edit:She bought him from a breeder in So-Cal. But I'm not exactly sure from who.

If I'm connecting the dots right, I'd say from me. Here's a video of the babies back on Oct. 24th, and 2 months old. The birth dates were 8-10, twenty hatched and last 4 eggs hatched 8-12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3OY45iGWyg

Last edited:
How often has your chameleon shed since you had it? I've had a baby veiled for almost 2 months and I don't notice any size increase at all in mine yet either.

I'm not sure if it's from you, but I'll think it might be. She's shed twice since I've gotten her and she's about due for another shed. Maybe she's just a really slow grower? Is this male yours?

3f52ec77.jpg

Well, then it is from you! She's a really awesome fiesty little chameleon. I'm just not sure if she should be growing faster or be a higher weight.

Well, then it is from you! She's a really awesome fiesty little chameleon. I'm just not sure if she should be growing faster or be a higher weight.

Well I just ran outside and weighed the "runt" of that clutch, and she's (a female) weighing in at 31 grams. Just a slow grower. So something is up, if your cham is only at 10 g's. Your cham was one of the top five in size, when I shipped out in Dec..

Back
Top Bottom