What is the strangest thing your chameleon has ever done?

My chameleon likes to poop on my arm. Seriously, every time he gets out of his enclosure, he'll cock a back leg up and drop a pee/poop/sperm plug on my arm. I just tell myself it's a bonding experience.

Your cham not only wants to SHOW you the love he has for you, he wants you to FEEL the love. Right on your arm. :love: That is DEFINITELY a bonding experience lol. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

My chameleon sometimes likes to walk across the top of his cage door - and once in a while he will drop a log onto my living room floor while he is sitting up there. Some days he absolutely can't wait to come out of his cage for some handling because he is excited to see me, the Food Bearer and Treat Master. He knows that handling always means real sunlight or tasty treats, sometimes both. Most of the time when I open the main cage door, it means he is getting some handling time because otherwise, I usually put all of the feeders into the cage through the bottom easy-access door and let them go up and through the cage for him to hunt.

So sometimes on those certain days I handle him, when I open the cage door and I don't scoop him up right away, he peeks out at me, becomes impatient, and crawls out the side of the cage and helps himself onto the top of the cage door. He stares at me a bit, exploring with his eyes, and then I can see it: the look of passion in his stare when he is about to give ME a treat now.... A big poop must be their way of saying "I love you".

It's actually only happened three times in the past year, but I still find it super funny. This most recent time about a month or so ago, I could see him starting to poop so I ran for a piece of paper towel and actually managed to catch the monstrosity as he dropped it. Just in the nic of time. He literally pooped into the paper towel I was holding. I felt like a hero for saving the floor from imminent doom! (y)

Me - 1
Chameleon - 0

I may have won THAT battle, but I'm certain he will win the war. He probably spends all day plotting his next supply drop for me.

Last edited:
My male veiled chameleon likes to hang from his tail often. Not too sure why, but he seems happy

Attachments

• C61A5E48-F404-4688-BD4A-FE94DD5E3043.jpeg
    C61A5E48-F404-4688-BD4A-FE94DD5E3043.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 80
My male Jackson's would go to the bottom of his cage and watch my two dogs walk by. The only animal that noticed him was my cat and they would sit and watch each other until one lost interest.

Chandler climbing up someone's nose and thinking he had grip on the forehead, let go of the one foot holding onto the nose and fell into the person's lap lol

Back
Top Bottom