What is the strangest thing your chameleon has ever done?

A week ago I heard something drop, and then again, it came from Doughnut's cage. When I looked inside she had shot her tongue at the stones in her pothos plant pot and picked them out and dropped them from up in her perch. She had never done that before and hasn't since. I was shocked she was even able to do it. Can't figure out why she did it.

She must be working out! lol

We intoduced Chuckie-Boo (Cham) to Raylan (kitten). Every morning Chuckie comes down to the lower part of his enclosure to say Hi (and taunt, imo) Raylan.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 167
The two strangest things my chameleons have ever done happened in the past week or two. Today when I was feeding silkworms to the tiny baby quads, one baby snatched a silkworm right out of the mouth of another baby. Lucky the first baby didn't bite the tongue of the other baby.

The other really funny thing was when a baby shot his tongue out full length, missed and then the tongue fell and swung back and forth like a pendulum. It took the baby quite some time to pull that tongue all the way in. Baby tongues seem a LOT longer than an adult tongue.

The two strangest things my chameleons have ever done happened in the past week or two. Today when I was feeding silkworms to the tiny baby quads, one baby snatched a silkworm right out of the mouth of another baby. Lucky the first baby didn't bite the tongue of the other baby.

The other really funny thing was when a baby shot his tongue out full length, missed and then the tongue fell and swung back and forth like a pendulum. It took the baby quite some time to pull that tongue all the way in. Baby tongues seem a LOT longer than an adult tongue.
Thanks so much for sharing with us!

When I have my hair braided she loves to climb half way and kinda just sits there. It feels weird cause she's bigger than the last time I took her out, she seems to be putting on good weight. It tickles when they grasp your bare skin at all, my little Reptar does not seem to like my giggle though.

LOVE that you named your cham Reptar!! Also, my Rorschach used to do the same thing but if my hair was too slippery he would end up just brushing it with his claws. haha

My girl slept like this, can't imagine tgat this was comfy for her... All 'yeah look at my but while I sleep'

Rory would also fall asleep as soon as the lights were off... sometimes upside down hanging by just his back feet! I had to tuck him in more than once.

I love this thread! My Graceful Rorschach did some weird things, like trying to eat my rings or missing a cricket, hitting a branch, and tugging himself forward before he realized what was happening! My favorite, though not at the time, was his series of escapes. I tried free-range with him for a while but he took it a little too liberally. I took the top off of the cage and attached the vines to the low ceiling in the room, so I'm guessing he climbed up and over the screen... never caught him in action. I first noticed something was wrong when I found him in his plants, safe and sound, but with little cactus spines sticking out of him. The cactus was on the other side of the room. Then he got out and hid behind the TV, squared off with our dog in the next room, slept on top of the curtains in his room, and - on the day I was at Lowes getting rolls of screen to put a stop to this - made it down the stairs and up the curtains where he curled up and slept from his big adventure while I flipped out!

This is from his first curtain-run.... he watched me and my husband search the room from his perch. What a punk!

Once Jukka escaped his tank in the night and he decided to explore. Basically I woke up to my chameleon practically on my face before the first day of school... :p he also escaped and just sat there on the light switch on the side of his tank XD
Nice to see a fellow young owner on here <3 it'd be nice to chat at some point

OK. Got a new one.....Pixel is now in a converted parrot cage (big one), because he constantly escaped his free range. Anyway, I have all these cool parrot perches that he loves to hang out on.

If I give him an afternoon spray, he'll move from wherever he's at, to the front perch. Then, he sloooowly walks across it, under the sprayer, till every inch of him has been soaked down. He looks EXACTLY like he's passing through a car wash! It's hilarious! If I can get it on video, I'll try to share on this thread.

OK. Got a new one.....Pixel is now in a converted parrot cage (big one), because he constantly escaped his free range. Anyway, I have all these cool parrot perches that he loves to hang out on.

If I give him an afternoon spray, he'll move from wherever he's at, to the front perch. Then, he sloooowly walks across it, under the sprayer, till every inch of him has been soaked down. He looks EXACTLY like he's passing through a car wash! It's hilarious! If I can get it on video, I'll try to share on this thread.
Then it's not a Car Wash it a Cham Wash LOL XD!

My chameleon likes to sit on top of my head and stick his tail in my ear or nose for safe keeping. One time I was talking and he stuck it right in my mouth. There's no weirder sensation then a tail in the ear or roof of your mouth.

First of all, this thread is hilarious! It's been a great study break for me to read through all these!
I caught my boy sleepwalking a few nights ago! It was hours after his lights had turned off, and I heard him fidgeting around on the walls of his cage. I looked through in the dark and saw his eyes were still closed! It was the strangest thing! He kept walking until he slipped and fell a little ways, and that woke him up really fast. He seemed really scared to have woken up in such a way! (He's perfectly fine, by the way!)

This fella has a small obsession with this window and will look like a Tarzan guard dog out of it anyway possible. Even though its the same window that his enclosure is beside. Whatever makes the little guy happy o_O:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20160817_191817-1-1.jpg
    20160817_191817-1-1.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 20160915_191214-1-1.jpg
    20160915_191214-1-1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom