What is the strangest thing your chameleon has ever done?

I opened this at work and had to stop watching as I was on the verge of hysterical laughter! A few chuckles got out so I'm sure my coworkers think I'm nuts obviously trying to cover that I'm laughing by myself!:ROFLMAO:
Funny

Sometimes my female panther shoots her tongue at water drops. She will shoot halfway across the cage to do this. This is funny to me, because when she hunts crickets, she climbs the screen right up to them and shoots from a few inches away. Nothing she does makes sense. My other panther tries to eat twigs off of his ficus tree. Never leaves, just twigs. Whenever I catch him, I take them out of his mouth. I wonder how many he has successfully eaten when I wasn't watching? :eek:

Last edited:
Gotta share what my new baby did; I'm watching him on his basking spot and , all of a sudden, he crawls quickly to the bottom of the fake vine, and starts attacking it! Then he switches to another one and bites that one too. The only thing I could figure was that he might be really thirsty, because he started licking one of them, too. So funny and unexpected! :D

It was quite funny the time Lulu shot at a dried up hibiscus leaf and found out it wasn't as tasty as a fresh one, she took her paw, grabbed it out of her mouth and then threw it on the floor, looking very offended. Then there was the time I brought her home after her being babysat for a few weeks while I was away, she refused to sit on her plant in the car and when I tried to put her back she crawled up on my head instead and I had to drive home like that!

i have a male panther that does a vibration when i whisper his name..almost like the mating shake but more mild and just a single one..its pretty bazaar that he reacts to the vibrations in voice tones i believe... they seem to remember them. If i say another name he wont do it.

I was attempting to pair up my veileds for a breeding, wasn't expecting much as I wasn't sure whether the male was sexually mature or not yet. I put them together, the male proceeded to crawl onto the female sideways and just sat there, all the while the female showing receptive coloration. I tried to remove the male from her as this pairing was obviously going nowhere, and they both hissed at me, and the male scored a bite on my finger. Guess they thought they were doing it right lol.

My girl slept like this, can't imagine tgat this was comfy for her... All 'yeah look at my but while I sleep'

Attachments

• Snapchat-2219712944290185886.jpg
    Snapchat-2219712944290185886.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 184
A week ago I heard something drop, and then again, it came from Doughnut's cage. When I looked inside she had shot her tongue at the stones in her pothos plant pot and picked them out and dropped them from up in her perch. She had never done that before and hasn't since. I was shocked she was even able to do it. Can't figure out why she did it.

Cami, my veiled chameleon, was sitting on my leg and I guess he thought the markings on my pajamas were something to eat because he tried to bite it. I've only had him a few weeks so I'm sure there is some more strange stuff to come.
;)

Here's another one, when my cham was very little I had him in a 10gal tank while I was building his new cage. so when I went to pick him up he was on the ground, well I had a rock bed at the bottom and that's what he was on. I picked him up and he was holding on to the rocks:D:D so I carried him around with one in each of his hands (feet?):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

About a year ago my jackson's chameleon started acting weird - tripping all over the place, hanging upside down, hanging from his tail, generally stumbling. I was pretty worried because those can all be signs of pretty serious health disorders. He got better pretty quick, and then it happened again the next day. I checked everything in his cage and when nothing turned up weird I started looking through my feeder enclosures.

...Turns out the fruit I was feeding my dubias had started to ferment. The little guy was just drunk off of the dubias. I did some research and that's happened to a couple keepers. I cleaned out the feeder cage and he was totally fine.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
About a year ago my jackson's chameleon started acting weird - tripping all over the place, hanging upside down, hanging from his tail, generally stumbling. I was pretty worried because those can all be signs of pretty serious health disorders. He got better pretty quick, and then it happened again the next day. I checked everything in his cage and when nothing turned up weird I started looking through my feeder enclosures.

...Turns out the fruit I was feeding my dubias had started to ferment. The little guy was just drunk off of the dubias. I did some research and that's happened to a couple keepers. I cleaned out the feeder cage and he was totally fine.
Wow! Lol. That is a great cautionary tale for other keepers! Fermented gut load :ROFLMAO:

My girl slept like this, can't imagine tgat this was comfy for her... All 'yeah look at my but while I sleep'
Yes. Their habits (or lack of) are amazing. One of my female babies slept in the exact same position, in the same spot, every single night.

However, my new boy, Pixel, sleeps in a completely different spot and position very night. I love that their personalities seem so unique.

Well mine isn't about my chameleon, but it's pretty funny though. Back when I was like 2 (2004) I was down in the basement (I don't know what I was doing) and I saw a cricket. I crawled over to the cricket and somehow got the cricket in my hand and started shoving it in my mouth and its legs poking out my lips in their jumping motion. (according to my mom)

i have 2 baby panther about a month old and I have them in a tub and a bunch of next to the tub to grow them for their cage I went in today an Houdini (how he got his name) some how scaled the tub and hid in all my plants. then shadowed me for 30 mins because he didn't want to go back. love my chameleons

Back
Top Bottom