What is the strangest thing your chameleon has ever done?

Zephyros, one of my males, shot me in the eyeball with his tongue once. I opened his enclosure up and he started crawling down my arm and both eyes locked on me. Figured he saw a fly or something and next thing I know his tongue hit my eyeball. Luckily it didn't stick and honestly I barely felt it.

The weirdest thing my cham has done is turn purple! Here's a pic:
100_2933.JPG

When my panther cham was 4 months old or so he broke out of his enclosure, broke into the cricket bin, and ate so many crickets that he physically could not haul himself back out. I found him laying in the bin with the biggest cricket gut you can imagine! It was like he'd swallowed a very small bowling ball :p I thought he would herniate or something, but he just basked in his cage for a few hours then had the biggest, smelliest poop and was fine.

My word!!! I am enjoying this discussion board more than I ever thought possible! I never, ever would have imagined, how crazy funny these creatures can be!!!! They each have such unique personalities! What a great thread to begin my son! Eyeball licking, Barney impersonating (purple dinosaur), forehead knocking, deep sea fishing little escape artists! Oh, and one cannot forget to mention the shoe cobbler or the tongue twisters! I love chameleons!!!

Last edited:
Teal Beauty's (also a member here) boy Peppermint Twist (a Panther) has a live plant in the bottom of his cage. In order to prevent him from ingesting dirt, I put a bunch of rocks on top of the dirt. The rocks are too big to be ingested by even a full grown male and he is still a young one! One day I watched him picking up rocks with his mouth in the flower pot and dropping them again. As if he was rearranging or just playing with them. How strange!

My boy loves when I bring him treats in the morning.

Recently I tried to lure him down from his basking branch with NO treat in my hand.

He looked at me, turned his head and examined my fingers a little closer to find no bug.

He then puffed up a little bit and exhaled deeply through his nose. Almost as if he was pouting.

I laughed so hard, I couldn't resist giving him a big juicy hornworm.

Back
Top Bottom