walgreen heating pad

MEPOKEU

I bought a Walgreen heating pad for my dubia roaches colony.
On the high setting it gets the container to 92 degrees.

All the reading ive done on heating pad fires seems the problem is with old heating pads with wear and tear.

How safe is it to leave a brand new heating pad on all the time?

I just dont want to burn my house down. Ive tried three other ways to heat the colony but the heating pad works the best.

I just dont want to burn my condo down.

I have never had problems in using those type heating pads for my bearded dragons. I have used the same ones for about three years. If you have concerns, you may want to change them out at regular intervals.
A lot of the new heating pads that you find at places like Walgreens is that they have an automatic turn off after a couple hours.

A lot of the new heating pads that you find at places like Walgreens is that they have an automatic turn off after a couple hours.

Yeah, walgreen has three heating pads. The cheapest one doesnt have the automatic turn off, but the other two do.

thanks though :)

Hopefully i wont burn down my condo
lol

That is a good price on a heat pad that size, but It doesnt heat very well(I have one)

The meijer/walgreens ones run about $9, cover more area and actually make the container heat up well. ONe thing is you dont want the walgreens one on the bottom, you want it on a side, or it probably will make something catch on fire :D

That is a good price on a heat pad that size, but It doesnt heat very well(I have one)

The meijer/walgreens ones run about $9, cover more area and actually make the container heat up well. ONe thing is you dont want the walgreens one on the bottom, you want it on a side, or it probably will make something catch on fire :D

I didn't have much issue heating my 20G long tank. I wrapped my tank in foil to keep the light out and to keep the tank warm. I had a screen lid but covered about 80% of it.

I wouldn't use a home heating pad under anything. The heat pads from Zoo Med come with little stand off feet so that the weight of the tank isn't on the pad and power cord. Either way you go.... don't let the entire weight of the tank sit ON the pad.

Im an electrician with 17 years experience and IMHO I would not feel safe at all running that heating pad 24/7 forget about when im not home. Just my opinion though.

We use heating pads for our roach colonies (dubia and lobster) and also for our adult cricket bins (to enhance breeding). The heating pad that turns itself off automatically is plugged into a timer that turns it on for an hour and off for an hour, so it is actually running every other hour. This is enough to keep things warm enough. The setting is medium and some are set at low. The closet they are in is kept at 78 degrees. The heating pad raises the inner bin temps to breeding temps. The pads are placed in a space beneath each plastic bin (the bins have "feet"), without the bin resting directly on the pad.

Back
Top Bottom