Veiled - Strange bumps between eyes

AzurePegasus7

Hello

I have a 1 year Veiled male named Aristotle. recently he has developed these lumps/bumps/abscesses on his head, between his eyes and right above his nostrils. I know that all this info can help, so here it is:

cage - 12x12x36
both kinds of lights - yes and changed regularly
watered every day
fed 8 - 12 crickets with calcium supplement, a few meal-worms each day, not much green stuff
clean cage, removed most, if not all, waste each day
I also give him time to climb on a clean rope in my room
Also, the cricket habitat is starting to smell... bad. How should I clean it?

That's probably not all the info you need, but that is all I thought of. I am taking him to the vet today.

Thanks for any replies!
AP7

(Sorry for the bad res on the pictures)

Attachments

• DSCN0820[1].jpg
    DSCN0820[1].jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCN0821[1].jpg
    DSCN0821[1].jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN0824[1].jpg
    DSCN0824[1].jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 285
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry Aristotle has bumps between eyes. I am glad you are taking him to the vet today. If it is abscesses he will probably give him antibiotics. I look forward to hearing how the vet visit went. You have given some details about him but to save us asking lots of questions could you fill in the form, link below. It might be useful for your vet as well.:)
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Turns out it was a bacterial infection. The vet gave me some injection anti-biotics.

Now that leaves me wondering what could have caused it? A scratch or cricket bite maybe?

When I had a veiled he fell asleep with a locust in his mouth and it bit him badly from the inside which resulted in abscesses. While he is on antibiotics keep him well hydrated as they can be hard on the kidneys.:D

Back
Top Bottom