Bumps on face

Well he is healing slowly. My biggest worry was the eye lid would breakdown with all that swelling and he would lose the eye. But its correcting itsself! Yeah. I flush it everyday then put drop in it and give antiinflammatory then an antibiotic every three days. its working
Poor little guy.

I know. He hears me coming and tries to hide. He has never done that before. But i dont blame him. I am the crazy human that keeps sticking him with needles or forcing stuff in his mouth!

I know. He hears me coming and tries to hide. He has never done that before. But i dont blame him. I am the crazy human that keeps sticking him with needles or forcing stuff in his mouth!
I know how rotten that is and I’m so sorry that you both are having to go through all of this. Praying for your handsome guy to fully recover quickly. 🙏💗

Well the eye swelling is almost fully down but he still is not eating right so still supplementing wirh carnivore. He can follow my finger but i think there could be a depth issue. he luvs hornworms but is avoiding them. Interested in crickets, but cant target well. He just needs more time and care! He is a strong sweet boy!

Well the eye swelling is almost fully down but he still is not eating right so still supplementing wirh carnivore. He can follow my finger but i think there could be a depth issue. he luvs hornworms but is avoiding them. Interested in crickets, but cant target well. He just needs more time and care! He is a strong sweet boy!
I’m so glad that the eye swelling is down and he’s healing. Hoping there isn’t any permanent vision damage from it all. He may need to mouth grab instead of shoot his tongue at feeders, so do hold a cup close for him to try (if you haven’t been). If you can easily pop a bug in his mouth, try that too. Hopefully soon your sweet boy will be 100%. 💗

Days after my last post on this thread, the eye blew up again for no apparent reason. I feel that whatever debris is trapped is not breaking down and may be the cause. Even so i have not seen him even try to eat anything. I do not think he can target at all and the swelling is down some but when he looks forward with right eye the swelling blocks the view completely. even so, ihave tried every method i can think of ti get him to bowl eat with no luck. including pinching the back of a live cricket and holding it in his site. He is interested in the crickets and will stare at the cup holding them butmakes no attempt to eat them. I know the vision is compromised and i think the left eye is too. he has been on the emergency Carnivore diet for over a month now and has lost some weight but is not wirthering away but i feel its taking its toll. He doesnt ever open up to object my presence so i can not toss in a worm or something. i have laid out a lot of money on nonrelated things over the past few months including 1700 on him and just cannot afford to get him to another vet for another treatment opinion or option. so i just continue to nurse him daily with his med regime and feed him with a syringe. And try different approaches to get him to take food. Setting out salads hoping he will become interested. once the current inflamation is down more i will take him in for another followup to see if stopping everything for a period of time to get him to try to eat is an option and if so guidance on that. This diet is not supposed to be a permanent replacement and he hasnt had a formed stool in a long time. I am at a loss here but still being patient and hoping time can turn this around. any ideas, no matter how crazy, i am open to accessing.

Days after my last post on this thread, the eye blew up again for no apparent reason. I feel that whatever debris is trapped is not breaking down and may be the cause. Even so i have not seen him even try to eat anything. I do not think he can target at all and the swelling is down some but when he looks forward with right eye the swelling blocks the view completely. even so, ihave tried every method i can think of ti get him to bowl eat with no luck. including pinching the back of a live cricket and holding it in his site. He is interested in the crickets and will stare at the cup holding them butmakes no attempt to eat them. I know the vision is compromised and i think the left eye is too. he has been on the emergency Carnivore diet for over a month now and has lost some weight but is not wirthering away but i feel its taking its toll. He doesnt ever open up to object my presence so i can not toss in a worm or something. i have laid out a lot of money on nonrelated things over the past few months including 1700 on him and just cannot afford to get him to another vet for another treatment opinion or option. so i just continue to nurse him daily with his med regime and feed him with a syringe. And try different approaches to get him to take food. Setting out salads hoping he will become interested. once the current inflamation is down more i will take him in for another followup to see if stopping everything for a period of time to get him to try to eat is an option and if so guidance on that. This diet is not supposed to be a permanent replacement and he hasnt had a formed stool in a long time. I am at a loss here but still being patient and hoping time can turn this around. any ideas, no matter how crazy, i am open to accessing.
I’m so sorry. Sending you love.

I was looking at Reptaid the other day on Amazon and saw a review that made me think of you. It’s worth a shot trying, since you’ve tried everything else. https://www.amazon.com/AMBER-NATURA...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
IMG_3358.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom