veiled on the ground

It may take some time to turn around any damage that has been done.

With your plant, make sure you repot it in organic soil and thoroughly wash it. I also have a screen that separates the dirt from the animal. There are most often pesticides and other dangerous chemicals on those plants. Fine to put in there, but remember she may eat them, so they have to be cleaned.

What does her poop look like? Is the lighter part white, yellowish, or orange?

Got her a new tank. Some new sticks. I will get more sticks for her. Got a plant from Home Depot. It's a Dracaena Fragrans. It was on the approved list. I'm currently goat loading crickets. I have zero money left. But I hope this is much better. I have the uvb and heat lamp for her. I bought a chameleon kit.

It’s very important that you get those branches higher up in the enclosure. Like someone else said, about 8 inches from the heat lamp, then a couple more branches below that one in case she gets to hot at 8inches and wants to cool down a bit. You’ve made vast improvements and are on the way to a proper set up. Keep it up.

It may take some time to turn around any damage that has been done.

With your plant, make sure you repot it in organic soil and thoroughly wash it. I also have a screen that separates the dirt from the animal. There are most often pesticides and other dangerous chemicals on those plants. Fine to put in there, but remember she may eat them, so they have to be cleaned.

What does her poop look like? Is the lighter part white, yellowish, or orange?

I washed the plant good and put the eco earth in it. Her poop, the lighter part is white. It's not dry poop. It's still moist looking.
She's still on the ground :-(

This is probably a dumb question. But should I leave her on the ground? Or put her back on a branch?

This is probably a dumb question. But should I leave her on the ground? Or put her back on a branch?
any update is she moving around back on the braches try and maybe find and staralize branches that you can put side ways to fill up the enclosure its always a fun adventure looking for stuff you can use! I dont know if you saw my picture but try and add some branches like that the fine your ordered will be great help you can see how i set them up and try to mimic it i used little thin wire lr fishing wire to hold the stuff in place and not ruin the screen. The total of the cage and everything is about 250$ Around there. Also another great way to find stuff is on the face book market place you can search “reptiles” “chameleon cages” stuff like that and people are usually always trying to get rid of something

Attachments

• F777A9AF-2F11-46C1-8E66-3C61F17DC485.png
    F777A9AF-2F11-46C1-8E66-3C61F17DC485.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 125
She was still on the ground when I left for work. Idk if I should move her and put her on a branch or not. I'll get some more stuff to go side to side. I ordered 6 ft vine on Amazon. I'll get my husband to get more sticks when he wakes up. He's off work today.

I spent close to $200 yesterday on stuff. Lol

I took this pic of her this morning. It was when I first turned the lights on. She was asleep and I woke her up. I accidentally misted her too when I misted the cage down. She doesn't look happy. I'm super worried about her.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 215
And she was walking backward away from me when I took that pic. She hates my cell phone lol

She was still on the ground when I left for work. Idk if I should move her and put her on a branch or not. I'll get some more stuff to go side to side. I ordered 6 ft vine on Amazon. I'll get my husband to get more sticks when he wakes up. He's off work today.

I took this pic of her this morning. It was when I first turned the lights on. She was asleep and I woke her up. I accidentally misted her too when I misted the cage down. She doesn't look happy. I'm super worried about her.
Not a good angle, but her legs look a little bendy, she might have metabolic bone disease. Probably a good idea to take her to an exotic vet that has experience in working with chameleons.

I live in a small town. We don't have an exotic vet. I'll call around tomorrow and see if any of them see reptiles. I'm sure most are closed since it's Labor Day.

Not a good angle, but her legs look a little bendy, she might have metabolic bone disease. Probably a good idea to take her to an exotic vet that has experience in working with chameleons.
Not only to check for MBD, but also since she’s on the ground, and also to make sure her old set-up and husbandry didn’t permanently damage her in any way.

She looks cold. Might need to show her where the basking spot is .Maybe she is balling up for warmth. Still check with a vet for the previously mentioned concerns though.

Like the others said, that’s picture reallllllly worries me. Looks like MBD to me :(

The front foot pointing out looks strange. I'll just say no matter what the vet says don't get discouraged and stick with her if possible.

White part of the poop is good. Shows she is well hydrated. So she is getting enough water for now. If it goes yellow or orange, she is dehydrating. Search the forums for poop thread. Very good info there.

Now that she is set up, try to let her de-stress for a few days. Go ahead and put her near the basking spot, but then try to leave her be.

My husband put her down low on a branch and she climbed up higher by herself! Hopefully she'll be ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.PNG
    IMG_0452.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 155
She looks like she is trying to go bask. Tell your husband to put a heat lamp 8in or so away from a stick. She wants to warm up.

Back
Top Bottom