veiled on the ground

Given her current condition she instinctually knows that being high above the ground in her weakens state isn’t the best idea. Instead of making her go to the light and risking further trauma you should be bringing the basking light down to her. This will allow her to bask without the risk of her falling.

I will try to figure out how to do that when I get home from work. The lights are sitting on top of her tank. And I bought that tall screen tank

UPDATE:
I've got the lights on their side and she's been basking a lot. That helped so much. Last night and tonight we've squirted the liquid calcium in her mouth. She hates it lol. We've been gut loading crickets.
She ate almost all the crickets that were in there today while I was at work. She's more lively and moving around more. She still isn't climbing up but she's improved a lot since yesterday. She hissed at me a few times and blew up real big at the syringe that we used to put the liquid calcium in her mouth lol so I take that as a good sign. Her right front and back legs seem stronger. She had a death grip on my fingers.

One weird thing she's been doing is kinda grabbing at her face with her left front foot. Idk what that's all about. There's nothing on her face. No shedding skin or anything. Any ideas?

UPDATE:
I've got the lights on their side and she's been basking a lot. That helped so much. Last night and tonight we've squirted the liquid calcium in her mouth. She hates it lol. We've been gut loading crickets.
She ate almost all the crickets that were in there today while I was at work. She's more lively and moving around more. She still isn't climbing up but she's improved a lot since yesterday. She hissed at me a few times and blew up real big at the syringe that we used to put the liquid calcium in her mouth lol so I take that as a good sign. Her right front and back legs seem stronger. She had a death grip on my fingers.

One weird thing she's been doing is kinda grabbing at her face with her left front foot. Idk what that's all about. There's nothing on her face. No shedding skin or anything. Any ideas?
That’s another tell-tale sign of mbd, she’s grabbing her face for stability and security.

UPDATE:

Glad moving the light is helping but keep in mind that we actually do NOT want her climbing right now. She has a long slow road ahead of her, take your time...

I believe the liquid calcium is working really well! She's very feisty and very much wanted to bite us when giving it to her lol.

She's gotten some strength back in all but one leg. She's not spread eagle with one of her back legs anymore. She had under her body supporting her weight while she in my hands. I hope this means we are doing something right and she's getting better.

She's been eating well. She refuses to eat while I'm in the room. But she seems to be growing again and her crickets are disappearing. So I assume she's eating them. Lol.
Gut loading crickets is not as hard as I thought it would be.

I'll keep y'all updated on her progress. Thank y'all again for taking the time to educate me and help me with her.

I believe the liquid calcium is working really well! She's very feisty and very much wanted to bite us when giving it to her lol.

She's gotten some strength back in all but one leg. She's not spread eagle with one of her back legs anymore. She had under her body supporting her weight while she in my hands. I hope this means we are doing something right and she's getting better.

She's been eating well. She refuses to eat while I'm in the room. But she seems to be growing again and her crickets are disappearing. So I assume she's eating them. Lol.
Gut loading crickets is not as hard as I thought it would be.

I'll keep y'all updated on her progress. Thank y'all again for taking the time to educate me and help me with her.
Awesome! Just make sure to get her to the vet, too!

I was worried about the gut loading as well but using a food like cricket crack or bug burger helps since you just prepare it and then give it to them. Top up as needed and clear out the dead. Happy crickets = Happy Cham.

if I’m concerned about a Cham and want to monitor them when I’m not in the room I’ll take my sons video baby monitor or WiFi camera and put it either in or by the viv. They are cheap and can zoom in/out or pan in any direction, all controlled from your smartphone.
4CFBF42A-0462-4924-8A15-F2E8F7A8D039.png

I have been planning on putting an extra dropcam I have to watch mine but mine is just to see what he's doing while I'm at work haha.

if I’m concerned about a Cham and want to monitor them when I’m not in the room I’ll take my sons video baby monitor or WiFi camera and put it either in or by the viv. They are cheap and can zoom in/out or pan in any direction, all controlled from your smartphone.View attachment 213457

I have a mobicam that I watch my dogs with while I'm at work. I need to put it on her! Good idea

She started shedding today. It's her first shed. She's crankier than normal, of course, and she really didn't want the liquid calcium tonight lol.

She's still not climbing. But she has been acting like she wants to. We haven't added anymore branches yet since we don't want her climbing.

She started shedding today. It's her first shed. She's crankier than normal, of course, and she really didn't want the liquid calcium tonight lol.

She's still not climbing. But she has been acting like she wants to. We haven't added anymore branches yet since we don't want her climbing.
Has she seen a vet yet?

Her first time climbing up again! I'm so excited! I know it's not very far, but it's an improvement. She's getting pretty fat. I would guess its bc she's been on the ground and not moving a lot. But I'm super proud of her progress. We are still doing the liquid calcium every night. I'm dusting her crickets and superworms with calcium without d3. Using d3 and vitamin powder every other week. I'll go to every 2 weeks now. She won't have anything to do with veggies or fruit. But I've been gutloadng the crickets.
Any other suggestions that I'm missing?
I'm so glad she's improving. She bites and hisses at the syringe we use for the liquid calcium. She's got a firm grip with all her feet when holding her. She still grabs at her face with one front leg, but not as aggressively. She's standing more often with her feet under body instead of spread eagle, but still does that some.

Attachments

• IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom