veiled on the ground

Now it's time for me to work on vines and branches. I wasn't worried about that when she was on the ground. That'll be my project today.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 160
Now it's time for me to work on vines and branches. I wasn't worried about that when she was on the ground. That'll be my project today.
The cage is making progress :). About the vines and branches, I would recommend doing something like thishttp://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2012/04/how-to-set-up-proper-chameleon.html?m=1. I don't know if that came out as a link or not. I'm still new. I'm just referring you to this site just to bring an idea about the branches, NOT because you are doing something wrong. She used tacks and pinned the branches to the side without ripping the mesh. I think she talked about it more in the comments. Just an idea that gives chameleons more climbing room. ;)

The cage is making progress :). About the vines and branches, I would recommend doing something like thishttp://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2012/04/how-to-set-up-proper-chameleon.html?m=1. I don't know if that came out as a link or not. I'm still new. I'm just referring you to this site just to bring an idea about the branches, NOT because you are doing something wrong. She used tacks and pinned the branches to the side without ripping the mesh. I think she talked about it more in the comments. Just an idea that gives chameleons more climbing room. ;)
I was going to try tacks. I'm glad it works lol. Thank you!

You can also check out cham starter kits. They usually have everything you'll need. They'll be better the the current set up but they can be kinda janky so do your research if you plan on going that route.
I do not know if it is on sale in your area but it is only 97.97 right now at Petco

Amazon is difficult on these types of things for some reason... these vines don’t snap when you put sharp bends in them like the others do...
E4DC2CA3-DD05-4E6C-B42A-4B26A0DD49FE.png

You could also cut short, natural branches from a nearby tree. Natural branches hold moisture better than fake branches. If you do use natural branches just make sure to wash them. Those vines do look useful though. Are those fake branches thick enough for the chameleons grip. They look pretty small...

She's in a chameleon starter kit now. The vine that came with it was janky and not very sturdy so I'm not going to use it. I have a vine I bought off Amazon I'm going to use. And I'm going to Walmart today to look at the dowels someone else had suggested.

I'm glad she's looking happier and climbing. The liquid calcium and gut loading has worked wonders. I'm so thankful for all y'all that have helped me and given me wonderful advice.

You could also cut short, natural branches from a nearby tree. Natural branches hold moisture better than fake branches. If you do use natural branches just make sure to wash them. Those vines do look useful though. Are those fake branches thick enough for the chameleons grip. They look pretty small...
I use them for my veild hatchlings, smaller vines would not support a full grown veiled.

The ones in her tank now are real branches from my oak tree. The leaves are fake.

I want to get a little tree or something for her tank. What would be best? Ficus or hibiscus?

This just says ficus assorted. Idk what kind it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    304.9 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom