My veiled chameleon has been staying on the ground. This is day 3. I've had her for about 1 1/2 months. She's never shed. I guess she's to young? She's just a baby from what I can gather. She's been mad towards us. But she's never much liked being held. She stays her pretty green color until I stand in front of her cage. Then she starts turning a dark color like she's mad or scared. She hasn't been digging, so I don't think she's trying to lay eggs. I copied and pasted the questions:
- Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. had her 1 1/2 months. female. I don't know how old she is.
- Handling - we handle her maybe 4 times a week. she doesn't seem to like it
- Feeding - she eats crickets and superworms. ive tried some different veggies/fruits but she doesn't touch them. I haven't gut loaded anything.
- Supplements - all ive used is calcium powder from petco
- Watering - she has a dripper that falls on leaves. I mist the tank by hand from a water bottle every morning
- Fecal Description - her poop is normal. never been tested. we got her from petco
- History - she came from Petco. I don't know anything about where she came from
- Cage Type - she is in a 10 gallon tank that is glass with a metal screened top. she will be moved to a 55 gallon long when my ball pythons new enclosure is finished.
- Lighting - I have a night time bulb that stays on during the day. she is in front of a big window for UV. when we get her moved to the 55 gallon she will have different bulbs etc
- Temperature - she has one side that the light is on. the other is her cool side. her tank stays about 80 in the basking side. we have a little circle thermometer
- Humidity - I don't have any way to measure humidty. I didn't think of that. she has the dripper and I mist everyday
- Plants - no live plants. I have plastic leaves. a branch. a hidy hole log. she has aspen wood "chips" things as the substrate. they aren't really wood chips. its fine shredded. same as I use for my snake
- Placement - tank is in front of a window. on a tiny dresser. about belly high. its a regular 10 gallon. not very tall. its the 2nd bedroom. air vent is in the floor to the right of the dresser.
- Location - northwest alabama