veiled on the ground

Gutload, tall screen cage with lots of branches/vines/etc. to climb and thermoregulate, and proper uvb light are most important to get immediately. Also, get a multivitamin, humidity sensor, and lose the substrate. If I’m not overstepping my boundaries here, I suggest you do some extensive research for proper care and/or responsibly rehome your chameleon if you’re not willing to spend hundreds of dollars immediately.

I don't know anyone who would spend that kind of money honestly. thank you for the advice. I will be going to the pet store tomorrow.

I don't know anyone who would spend that kind of money honestly. thank you for the advice. I will be going to the pet store tomorrow.

That's why I mentioned you may want to go gecko. Chameleons are expensive to keep alive. Their entire life, they are expensive. No one is trying to bully you, but these are not cheap or easy pets. To be successful, it requires an investment. If you choose to ignore our advice, your baby will die. I'm sorry.

They're just multipurpose wood sticks. I got mine from Walmart 90 cents for a 36in rod. Just wash with white vinegar before putting it in the cage.

so since since shes on the ground, if I take out the substrate, she will be ok laying on the glass? she wont get to cold, etc?

so since since shes on the ground, if I take out the substrate, she will be ok laying on the glass? she wont get to cold, etc?
Give her plenty of things to climb. If she is cold, a healthy cham should move up, toward heat.

Guys, If nothing else, could she stand her tank on the side and secure the cover to the front to give the cham some height?

You can put a paper towel on the bottom, but keep it changed out frequently.

Give her plenty of things to climb. If she is cold, a healthy cham should move up, toward heat.

Guys, If nothing else, could she stand her tank on the side and secure the cover to the front to give the cham some height?

You can put a paper towel on the bottom, but keep it changed out frequently.
Oh dang, no mesh top then for the lights. nevermind

Completely skimmed over the part of your chameleon being female; I suggest a substrate depth of eco earth or something similar of at least a couple of inches as a lay bin (she might be too young for that but better safe than sorry)

Completely skimmed over the part of your chameleon being female; I suggest a substrate depth of eco earth or something similar of at least a couple of inches as a lay bin (she might be too young for that but better safe than sorry)

I will get eco earth also tomorrow. thank you :)

A fake plant with a suction cup could work on the sides as well. Itll catch the most and give her a place to climb/hide.

Work in progress. I'll get this right.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 225
what's in that little bin in the back?

btw, I'm not sure, but she isnt sexually mature yet, so I think you have several months before you have to do the laying bin substrate. I would spend my money elsewhere for the immediate future.

also if you get UVB light tomorrow, get the curly compact florescent kind. They are cheaper, but dont work well. Get t5 or t8.

Yes, she is too young, but when in Rome (at the pet store), also I believe it’s closer to 5 or 8 inches of depth, not 2-3. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

what's in that little bin in the back?

btw, I'm not sure, but she isnt sexually mature yet, so I think you have several months before you have to do the laying bin substrate. I would spend my money elsewhere for the immediate future.

also if you get UVB light tomorrow, get the curly compact florescent kind. They are cheaper, but dont work well. Get t5 or t8.

its a little cactus in that bowl. I have the bowl to catch the water from the dripper and it hits those leaves. I read that they cant swim and will drown. so if it filled up with water, I wanted her to have a way out. sounds dumb now, but seemed like a good idea at the time.

I had desert type stuff like that in my bearded dragon's tank. she lived 7 years. I still miss her

Back
Top Bottom